Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

looking for grunt and ground clearance

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

looking for grunt and ground clearance

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 01:06 AM
bkmademedoit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for grunt and ground clearance

i have an hpi mt2 and am looking to UPgrade to a 1/8 monster truck. nothing against the mt2, its awesome but i dont have a racetrack in my yard and i believe i'd have more fun with something that can handle a little rougher terrain even if it means going a little slower. anyway, the 2 main features i'm looking for are low end grunt (acceleration, wheelies would be a plus), and ground clearance. i dont need it to go 50 mph but that doesnt mean speed isnt important. this is a really long winded approach to asking your opinions on monster trucks. so yes...lets have them.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:34 AM
Eerik

Default RE: looking for grunt and ground clearance

madforce do wheelies all the time and it does 43mph
Old 05-19-2004, 01:39 AM
bkmademedoit

are they tough? what about parts availability?
Old 05-19-2004, 03:18 AM
popuptoaster

Savage is tough to beat for back yard bashing, its hard as nails, goes well and looks good.

MGT is better equipped out the box (has reverse, good for bashers) handles better and isnt actually slower over rough ground, as the suspension works better, truck is also easier to work on and easier to keep tuned right, but its not as tough as a Savage (although not as weak as people say now its had a few early probs sorted out)

Forget the T maxx, its delicate unless you spend money on it, outclassed by those two and will certainly be even further behind when the next generation arrive in a few weks/months.

Mammoth has good speed and good handling but isnt the easiest thing to keep running at its best, it has some weaknesses (shock towers, HUGE turning circle) and i think its over geared, i dont need my monster truck to do 50mph, id rather have more low speed grunt.

Mad force is a mad looking thing with its solid axles and does have appeal with its 3 speed and scaleish looks, but i think it spends too much time on its back wheels and not enough time handleing properly.

Then you have several new trucks due on the market soon, and who can say how good they will be? truck choice is a personal thing, I think if your just gonna be bashing, the Savage has it (just) if you wanna bash and race then go with the MGT, if you wanna fly up and down the street in front of your house, the mammoth is fastest.

These are my personal opinions, feel free to pick holes in my views. [:-]