Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

CEN Fun Factor owners - Transmission noise after crash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

CEN Fun Factor owners - Transmission noise after crash

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 08:23 AM
camelreef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN Fun Factor owners - Transmission noise after crash

Hi,

I have a [link=http://rdo.homelinux.org/gallery/rcnew]CEN Fun Factor ATX 4x4 buggy.[/link]

On the first day, after i had just finished breaking in the engine, my receiver's cristal decided to take a hike. I had no fail-safe yet... So the car crashed head front, at full speed, into a concrete block.

I bought quite a good deals of parts and started the repairs. Some [link=http://rdo.homelinux.org/gallery/rccrash]pictures of the damage and repairs here.[/link]

When i though i was done, I noticed that the car was not rolling properly, making a lot of transmission noise. The body did not fit properly either. The main chassis plate was slightly bent, not directly visible.

I more or less straightened the chassis by turning the car upside down, holding it from both ends, and using my foot. Nothing really precise...

Things got way better, the body fit again, the transmission got smooth again.

Here is the question:

When I roll the car forward, no transmission noise can be heard, all is smooth.
When i roll the car backwards, the transmission makes a "clack" noise.

I do not remember if it did that before. is it normal, do i still need to fix something before i run it?

thanks for your answers.

Nico