Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

LHS isnt carrying 20%

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Crazy_Coconuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LHS isnt carrying 20%

hey guys... ive got a problem... my LHS stopped carrying 20% (not enough people buying it), and the closest they have is 16% or 25%(dont ask me how that works)... so... i was wondering... which one of these should do you think i should use?

by the way, i live in a city in the desert, and there is a bit of a heating issue, but its not that bad... summer is coming soon though, and its starting to get hot out (did that help?)... oh... one last thing, the store might stop carrying the 25%, im not sure though... i know its not a good thing to switch fuels, but if i do, will i have to take it easy the first few tanks?

thanks,
Rey

its the NitroStar s25 btw
Old 05-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Wizz Kid

Default RE: LHS isnt carrying 20%

all i can say is if you switch % your warranty, warrenty, i cant spell, anyways it will be discontinued
Old 05-22-2004, 01:10 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

If worst comes to worst just buy 4 gallons from towers its only like 90$ thats what i did cause my local hobby shop dont carry 20%, that should last you a long time.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

yeah... towerhobbies doesnt ship Fuel internationally... at least, i dont think they do... i think my only options are the 16% and the 25%... so, what would you suggest? in terms of waranty, its cheaper to buy a new engine than pay for shipping ($140 round trip)... i havent returned anything yet, so i dont know how that works, but dont i have to send back the whole truck unused (and its not unused) rather than just sending in the engine?
Old 05-22-2004, 04:33 PM
Captain Pugwash

hey there coconuts!!!

i have been running my sav on 25% Duraglow for over a year now! you said your living in the dessert then its gonna get hot i imagine! the nitro in the fuel acts as a coolent for the engine so the extra little bit will be good for you!

just make sure the oil content in the fuel is 14% or above and you will be fine!!
Old 05-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Mxracer45

Pugwash why do u say that? ABout the 14% or above. In tmaxx's yes, but incase you didnt know in most other cars/trucks, glow engines are considered running best and reccomended 15% oil content or LOWER. Ever try Trinity Monster Horsepower Fuel? 12% oil content.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

thanks... i really appreciate it guys...
Old 05-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Captain Pugwash

ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

but incase you didnt know in most other cars/trucks,

In case you didnt notice were in a "Monster Truck Forum" im not talking about "cars/trucks" insignificant little thing![sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 05-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Savage_Dias

My LHS pushes the higher % nitro. They acted like I was using dishwashing liquid when I told them I run 20%. I told them I use it so my engine would last a little longer but he shrugged it off & told me I was wasting my money. This is coming from a guy that used to race 1/24 scale slot cars & used a NEW $300 MOTOR IN EACH HEAT!!! I don't have that kind of money to blow so I'm sticking with 20% even if I have to order 4 gallons at a time.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:02 AM
mini ripper

Crazy Coconuts,
You will have no problem running 25% nitro at all as long as the oil content is 12% or more i personally run trinity monster horse power 20% Nitro 12% oil and get on very well with it my mate runs tornado 25% nitro 12% and there is no difference at all.
Besides HPI Europe say you should run 25% nitro anyways

All the best

T-meker
Old 05-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

ok then, im going with the 25% nitro... the problem is that i think one of the LHS's is selling only its remaining shipment of 25% before they stop carrying it... if this happens, will i be able to use the 16%? there is another LHS that carries 25%... its what i call 'the good store' because its a lot bigger, and they just sell a bunch of better stuff... the only thing is that they kill you on prices... their 25% is better quality but they are charging somthing like $45 per gallon... dont get me wrong... im probably gonna buy 1/3 or the remaining shipment in 'the cheap store' before they stop, but im just speaking hpyothetically...
Old 05-24-2004, 05:02 PM
eworx
My Feedback: (12)

have you asked the LHS if they will special order you the 20% if you buy it by the case?
Old 05-25-2004, 07:36 AM
Crazy_Coconuts

hmm... thats somthing i can do... thanks for the tip...
Old 05-25-2004, 10:40 AM
rclement

Hey Crazy, You can use 30% if you want to. Big thing is you have to re-tune the motor for it. Lots of guys here switch to a higher percentage for racing and it's said that I higher percentage nitro will allow your motor to run cooler.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Crazy_Coconuts

thanks for the tip... these LHS's around my area arent really that great... they dont carry 30%... they are geared more towards street cars and aviation, but they have some monster truck stuff... not much though... could you believe that they dont sell any maxx or savage parts? not that i have a maxx, but they have the most aftermarket on any vehicle, but none carried here... [:@]
Old 05-25-2004, 01:11 PM
rclement

I know the feeling. The closest hobby shop too me doesn't have much of anything. Hard to sell what you don't have and on top of that, one day when I was in there the clerk was struggling to get a body down for me and couldn't free it from all the tape that held it up so I handed him a small pocket knife I had. As he tried to cut it the shelf gave way and he fell backwards and in falling his arms went flailing out to the sides and he slashed my finger down to the bone. It took six stitches to close it up and they tried to say it was my fault. I don't go in there anymore. I go out of town to a place that actually has a good selection