Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Charging Error, mental type

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 03:43 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging Error, mental type

I thought I might make this seperate instead of mixing it in with the flight modes post. Anyway, my question to Danny was;

Why didn't my 10X blow up when I accidentally plugged my Futaba C/10 charger into it, twice! From what I gather, the battery in the 10X houses the charging circuit with a fuse. Evidently my 50mah charger didn't have enough current to blow the fuse (whew). When I made this same mistake :stupid: with my SX, it was lights out! So to summarize, since the fuse didn't blow everything is fine and the system functions and operates normally at home and at the field. {yes}
If this fuse would have blown though, (1) Is it user serviceable and (2) Is is logical to assume that the current never gets to the motherboard like it can with the SX. (3)If I had an additional battery pack laying around, I could just pop it in and fly? If this is the case, it is a much better idea and system than having to send it in for service for a blown fuse. Below is Dannys' resonse to my original question;

"The reverse current must not have been high enough to blow the fuse if it is still taking a charge. If the battery will not take a charge, the fuse in the battery charging circuit is blown. Otherwise, it sounds like you got lucky and didn't damage anything. "

Thanks_bob
Old 07-05-2002, 03:52 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob,
It is user servicable provided you are comfortable with working with soldering etc. It is a soldered in fuse. If there is warranty left on the system, I assume there is, there is less risk just sending it in. If you do something that causes any other problems down the road, we may not cover it. The current should never get to the motherbord in a 10X. Yes, you certainly could do that. I hope this helps!
Old 07-05-2002, 04:02 PM
bob_nj

Default So COOL...

I could just send the battery pack in right?

To clarify, Are blown fuses a non-warranty issue?
Old 07-05-2002, 05:13 PM
dsnyder

Bob,
On a reverse polarity it is. It just depends on the circumstance behind the reason the fuse blew. Sometimes they are covered, others they are not. Yes, you could just send the battery in. It is a quick repair provided the fuses are in stock.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:14 PM
dsnyder

That should have said, is not for the reverse polarity. Sorry
Old 07-05-2002, 06:42 PM
bob_nj

Default Got it