Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

squeaking drive cups

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Dr.Weasel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeaking drive cups

I dont know about you guys but my drive cups squeak like crazy!!!! How do you guys lube them??? I was going to put grease in them and then i read a post that said not to because the grease will get sand and dirt stuck in it and turn into a gritty paste that will grind away at the cups so i dont know what to do??? O ya, how do you guys lube your suspension and bearing???
Please help me!!!

The Doc.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:22 AM
Dr.Weasel

Default RE: squeaking drive cups

Please help me. I'm comepletly confused

The Doc.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:34 AM
ask52

I use dirt bike chain wax by maxxium. spray it on lightly, then in about 5 min, it will harden up a bid. The dirt wont stick to it and the coating will last a long time!
Old 06-02-2004, 02:48 AM
RC_UK

i use GT/85 or WD/40. them squeaks used to drive me insane[:@]
Old 06-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Dr.Weasel

Doesnt anybody elses drive cups squeak???????
Come on, i need help

The Doc.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:40 AM
RC_UK

wd/40 or gt/85. i dont know what you call it in the usa, they should sell it in petrol stations or stores that sell bits for your real car, you should notice something in there. on the front of this can im looking at it says "stops squeaks". does what it says on the can.

WWW.WD40.CO.UK
Old 06-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Vortec_Rat

WD40 is sold here but it depends on who you ask. I you're a wannabe hill billy like me, WD40 is the type of air conditioning you have on your car. Windows Down 40 miles per hour. It can also mean the little can of spray stuff. I use WD40 or another product called CRC or Power Lube on the entire truck as I'm cleaning it. I clean it with a paintbrush and some windshield washer fluid (it's a mixure of alcohol, detergent, and water) of coarse not soaking it and keeping it away from the electronics. Then I spray it dry with compressed air. Then I take the WD40 or the CRC and soak down the axles, cups, bearings, all the little nooks and crannies that might collect dirt again keeping it away from the electronics. Then I spray it dry again with compressed air. It leaves a light layer of oily residue all over everything which makes the plastic look armor all-ed and it lubes all the wheel bearings, axle cups, pins, linkages, etc. It may collect a little more dust than usual but when you go to clean it, the stuff comes right off and prevents squeaks.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Dr.Weasel

Thanks guys