Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Servo help Aid

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Servo help Aid

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 02:35 AM
Lee Belew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo help Aid

Look at this idea. Remember how much fun is to install the brass eyelets into the servo grommets. And have you ever had to take a brass eyelet out of the grommet after it has been there for a while. Like when you damage a servo case in a crash and need to install a new case.
Slide the eyelet onto the small end of this device and insert the eyelets into the bottom of the grommet very easy on the thumbs.
Need to remove the eyelet. Just push on the eyelet from the top and this device will push it out.
And it you don't have the servo drill template install the servo into the servo tray and push through the evelet with the pointed end of the device and now you have a punch mark for the drill to follow.
Lee
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	16879_5670.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	10790  
Old 07-15-2002, 08:04 PM
PHILLCO
My Feedback: (6)

Default Servo help Aid

GREAT IDEA. ITS BETTER THEN USING A PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER. SINCE YOU SENT A PICTURE I CAN MAKE ONE OF MY OWN. THANKS FOR THE TIP.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:14 PM
Lee Belew
My Feedback: (2)

Default Servo Help Aid

Phillco
Glad to be of assistance. The larger machined diameter is .150" and the smaller diameter is .095" for Fautabia and .120" for JR.
Sharpening the small end and make a punch for drilling servo screw hole.
Happy Machining.
Lee