Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Radio glitching

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 10:51 PM
hedgehog23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio glitching

Ok let me try to explain my problem and ask a few questions here.

I have a gws corsair that I have set up. Looks good but there is tones of glitching in the radio when I turn it on.

Gws drive
westward servos
Gws ICS-300 speed control with BEC output (checked to be 5.0 volts on my meter)
2 cell lipo
hitec tx on channel 24 72Mhz
GW/R4N FUT/HIT 4ch FM Naro Receiver with a gws channel 24 crystal

When I fool with the crystal on the rec. I can sometimes get good reception. Works great. Then one twitch of the servos, then two... then all goes to heck. Twitching uncontrollably and non responsive to my inputs.

I also have a Jr. radio and a GW/R4N JR/AIR 4ch FM Naro Receiver that I used too. When I put the same crystal into it I get the same problem.
I have tried to relocate the plane and test it, to see if there was a bad signal in the air but no luck. Same problem.
Questions

Do crystals go bad?
Is my set up good?
Are both the TX and Rx crystal good for both Jr and Hitec?

Any help would be great.

Im going to the LHS tomorrow (again ) to see if I can get a crystal set on another channel. Maybe this will solve my problems. I wana fly this weekend.

Old 06-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Mikerjf

Default RE: Radio glitching

A fairly common problem with the GWS rcvr's is with aftermarket (non GWS) crystals. They're sold cheaper but the pin size is smaller so they dont fit the sockets tightly. Spread the pins a hair and tape the crystal to the rcvr.

Mike
Old 06-05-2004, 05:28 PM
hedgehog23

Default RE: Radio glitching

Thanks Mike

I went to the LHS and got a new set for the rx and tx. I suspect it was the Tx crystal. THe rx crystal was a GWS one.