Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 07:10 PM
RoyG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Kit

Hi All, i have been out of RC cars a long time now but noticed that most cars come prebuilt.I was wondering if anyone knows of a good nitro kit on or off-road that i could build myself as i prefer to do it all.
Thanks in advance
Old 06-10-2004, 08:24 PM
Vanquish24

Default RE: Car Kit

There are plenty kits to choose from. What type are you looking at? Trucks, stadium trucks, onroad cars, or buggies?
Old 06-11-2004, 07:03 AM
RoyG

Hi Vanquish24,
I think my main interest points towards off-road (buggy`s) as i used to own a mardave marader a few years ago and i guess that gives my age away .I fly airplanes right now and i have just come away from my helicopter phase so i want something that stays on the ground and does not get wrecked because of engine failure ! .If anyone knows of a good beefy looking kit that you have to build from scratch please let me know, i like the look of a buggy i seen on ebay called a smartech winner.I was going to buy one but its prebuilt plus i have been away from the scene for so long i could make a bad mistake ! it might be a piece of *rap for all i know.I really need help from you guys that are on the scene right now so i can keep the mistakes down to a minimum, i have roughly between £200 to £250 to spend and i suppose that wont get me much now days.If there is a kit you guys would recomend put your 2 cents worth in and post your recomendation here (please).
Thanks.RoyG
Old 06-11-2004, 09:09 PM
t-maxx101

how about a mad force or a mugen buggy
Old 06-12-2004, 12:38 PM
WckdDudeMan
My Feedback: (1)

ive seen ofna buggies and they give a very good ratio of cost-to-performance
ive been looking for myself and im leaning towards the ofna mbx 80% buggy

wicked
Old 06-13-2004, 03:56 PM
samcim

for that budget u will be hard pushed to get a decent buggy but... i think your best bet 4 that price is a Hyper 7 Sport : £239

but you need radio & servo's

from: http://www.modelsinmotion.co.uk/prod...productid=1627

or

the Hyper 7 PBS RTR £359

from: http://www.modelsinmotion.co.uk/prod...productid=1628

sam
Old 06-14-2004, 11:58 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Buggies used to be high priced.. but just like the 1/10 scale, looks like we have a whole lot of "affordable" buggies on the market..
Like the Hyper7 above which has served people well (it runs well I've run it too). I've heard great things about the XTM buggy with its slightly larger motor.

I think buggies a HOOT if you have the right place to run em (Like my local track or park). Cant go wrong

Good luck
ram
Old 06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
r/c newbie

Does anyone make a monster truck nitro in kit form. Not that 80% pre-built kit but actual build everything your self kit.