Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

new giant scale plane

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 07:54 PM
vatechguy3
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new giant scale plane

ok guys, i'm looking for some help here. i'm starting to gear up for next year's imac plane. been flying my lanier 30% edge 540T for 2 years now, and she is getting tired. i was thinking about the aeroworks 33% 540T arf, BUT after seeing the cardens fly i'm leaning to a 35% carden 330s.
opinions please?? how do the cardens build?? is it worth it to have one of the building companies frame it up for me and just do the finishing myself??
any other suggestions for planes?? i'm looking for something for a 100cc gas motor that has a "big brother" in a 40% for a few years later. kind of like the carden 35% extra and their 40% extra. something that with fly similar between the two sizes.
i can't go to a 40% yet due to size, so i'm limited to a 33-35%.
while i do prefer the design (looks) of the edge 540T, everyone has been telling me that extras are better for precision aerobatics, so since performance is more important than looks, i guess i'll have to bite the bullet!!

thanks,
tony
Old 06-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Velox Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new giant scale plane

Hello,

Cardens are very nice kits as are Aerotech's. Both fly very well. They key question is why pay more than you have to. I have had Cardens and now Aerotechs. Both companies have great service. But I have spent the money once for a Carden and not again. I have a Velox 35% and its flat out awesome. Aerotech also builds in the bones and ARF's there own kits right here in the US. So give them a look also.

Thanks

Ted

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com