Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Getting my hornet programed with CP. need help with the motor/programing

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Getting my hornet programed with CP. need help with the motor/programing

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 04:17 PM
tripxrcer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting my hornet programed with CP. need help with the motor/programing

Hey

Well im about ready to fly my hornet for the first time. I need some help with the programming thow. I have all the servos set up in CP mode and it works good, but what should i do with the motor? I am ussing a multiplex cockpit MM 2.3 . please explain to me how to set the radio and the motor to get this all to work out.

Also could you explain to me how to get the blades going? then do you flip to CP?

ALex
Old 06-16-2004, 06:35 PM
coltech

Default RE: Getting my hornet programed with CP. need help with the motor/programing

Hi,
I've just taken delivery of a Hornet II, give me a couple of days to check it over and I'll see if I can help.
There don't seem to be many Hornet owners on this site. You could try [link=http://www.hornet-heli.com]hornet-heli[/link]

Hope this helps
Old 06-16-2004, 07:15 PM
tripxrcer

Default RE: Getting my hornet programed with CP. need help with the motor/programing

well my question is more a general heli one. i just dont understand how to get the blades going. what channels should the ESC be in and what control should power the helis bladfes up to speed
Old 06-17-2004, 03:26 AM
Botanist

What kind of swashplate you have 90 or 120 degrees? Set the radio to heli mode and your swashplate. Look in the TX/RX manual it should be a diagram in which channel your thro./ elev/ aile/ pitch and rudder goes. As far as programming your pitch curves, I'm still working at it ;o)
Old 06-18-2004, 01:34 AM
tripxrcer

I cant fined a manuel... can you please provide me a link?

ALex
Old 06-18-2004, 06:00 AM
Botanist

Oh man, I do not have a link and my hornet is FP. My experience comes from programing and ECO8 CP, programing should be more and less the same. As far as a manual goes, try the link COLTECH sugested., or you can do a search on google, and sure it is there somewhere.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:36 AM
eMeNeX

If you have a Futaba radio set the Swash Plater settings to SR-3. That's for 120 degree which the hornet is. Set your Pitch curve so that it's linear. I use 0% - 25% - 50% - 75% -100%

Set your Throttle Curve to 0% - 35% - 80% - 90% - 100%

If you have an ESC that has a built in BEC the battery would go to the ESC then the ESC to channel 3 on the RX.. Based on my hornet setup with custom 120 degree servo mount designed by Walt Ferar my Channels are set to the following.

Channel 1 - Aileron
Channel 2 - Elevator
Channel 3 - Throttle
Channel 4 - Tail Servo / Rudder
Channel 5 - Gyro (unused n/a)
Channel 6 - Pitch

Make sure you disconnect your motor from the ESC and setup your Servos with the proper reversing if need be. Set your endpoints and swash AFR to match your heli's setup.