Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Piccolo Cut Down Rotor Blades

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Piccolo Cut Down Rotor Blades

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:09 AM
CAP232Pilot-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piccolo Cut Down Rotor Blades

Any one out there know where you can buy pre-cut down rotor blades for a Piccolo?

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Supermerlin

Default RE: Piccolo Cut Down Rotor Blades

Hi fellow pilot,

Unless you have broken your existing blades I recommend that you trim them yourself. It's very easy. I followed the measurements on the following website: http://www.pgoelz.com/piccolo_faq.html#120

Use a steel ruler and stanley carpet knife or other heavy-duty type of exacto and keep going over the same cut getting it progressively deeper until you can fold the cut portion back and break off cleanly.

My Piccolo became more ground-effect stable following the mod. Also, I found that adding a car wheel collet to each end of the paddle shaft just before the paddles (some other website recommendation) added some additional stability.

Finally, try out some CF blades if you have the money ... very nice!

Good luck!
Old 06-18-2004, 05:58 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also cut my own. I was terrified that I would ruin them with a bad cut, or make them unusable by never getting them to balance, but it worked out well, even for a fumble-fingers like me. I have done it to several sets of blades now. I recommend purchasing a spare set of blades (so that if you overdo it, you can still fly) I also had different sized pinions so that I could experiment with even bigger cuts and even higher head speed. But you don't really need to do that for a stock Piccolo.
After I cut them, I put a close fitting bolt through both blades and tightened the nut so that the two blades were held on top of each other tightly. This let me sand them evenly. Then balance and fly!
Old 06-18-2004, 07:52 AM
zeevro

Try here [link=http://www.like90.com]Like90[/link].
Old 06-18-2004, 09:22 AM
hutu

Hi.
I also cut my own blades when I had the Piccolo ( now I fly a Hornet cp flybarless ).
They worked great until I burned the piccoboard because to many Amps for the piccoboard with more rotor speed.
Then I changed to the picooboard plus and I flew again until I burned the tail rotor...
I changed the tail rotor for the Pro tail motor and again I flew until I burned up the piccoboard plus again because of to many amps....
Maybe I burned so many times because I use 3S lipos... I don't know...

Finally I sold my piccolo and bought a second hand Hornet CP Flybarless and a Futaba FF9.
At least I am really flying happy and free of the piccoboard and burned tail motors!!!!!!!!

Hutu