Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

dual servo aileron and dual servo stab help

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

dual servo aileron and dual servo stab help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 11:34 PM
talon58
My Feedback: (125)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual servo aileron and dual servo stab help

So I'm building my first large scale palne. I have two servo's per wing and the stab (elevator) has a server for each half. And a pull-pull for the rudder.

I've read in some forums that each servo on the aileron and stab can be connected to the receiver. I've also read that you can use Y cables. I have a 9CAP transmitter.

What is the best way to go about and connect all of the servo's?

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2004, 12:25 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dual servo aileron and dual servo stab help

if you have enough channels on your receiver u can do seperate if not the y deal will work great to...
Old 06-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Has a lot to do with what servos your using. Are you using Digitals or Analog, and if so, what brand and servo model? Reason being is because if you run saw Hitec, you can program them so they all match exactly, saving you a matching device, same with analog servos. If you run JR, you can use a match box, which basically act's like a wye connector and matches the aileron servos up and connects into one serial port in the rx.

Generally, you want to avoid (if possible) as many y connectors as you can.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:51 AM
talon58
My Feedback: (125)

I'm running Hitec Digital 5925's on all except the pull pull. I have the Hitec programer also.

Thanks.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Ah alright, well for the elevator on my plane using Hitec 5645s I used a program mix in my Futaba 9cap where I LINKED the two servos together, so when I trimmed the servo using the normal digital trim it would trim both, if you dont do this, you will end up trimming one half an elevator and getting a plane that flys very odd[8D]. I plugged them into 2 seperate channels, 2 and 8 I believe it was.

For the Ailerons, its probably easiest if you use a wye and connect the right aileron to channel 1 and then one more wye for the left aileron in channel 5 or whatever it was.

If you have a power buss or distribution system it can be done differently.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:51 AM
fcawth

I always use separate channels for each servo. I don't have the hitec programmer, and it is very nice to use the sub-trims and endpoints for each servo to get the center and travel of each control surface to match. (You definately want to get it as close as possible with mechanical adjustments to the linkages first) There are standard mixes ("Flaperon" for ailerons, and "Ailevator" for elevators)" in the 9C radio so you don't need to use mixes. You can turn off the "flap" action of the ailerons and the "ailevator" action of the elevators so that you don't bump a knob and have something wierd happen.. The trim settings will work on both servos, while the sub-trim will work on individual servos. The manual or the example will tell you which channels to plug in to, but for ailerons I believe it is 1 and 6, and for elevators it is 2 and 8. If you have only a 7 channel receiver, you will have to use a mix for the elevator servos.

FC