Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

2PL

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:37 PM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2PL

I just set up my new mini-z box. Inside besides tools & goodies are my:

Mini-Z MR02
&
Mini-Z Monster (Special Edition)

I after doing a couple upgrades to my MR02 (none really needed for the special edition monster)
I wanted to get a Futaba 2PL Transmitter so I could have my MR02 set up for 1-oval 2-road course & 3-Truck. This way all I have to do like my MX-3 is to change the program and walla, but to my surprise I was told that I could only use the 27MHZ Transmitter.... Now maybe I'm not used to this due to the fact I run FM on my other RC's, but why couldn't I use either? AM is AM correct? (Ground) As long as the crystals in both the receiver/board & transmitter are the same??? Please feel free to shed some light on this one for me. My LHS is out of the 27mhz & only has the 75mhz left for now.

Also any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Mike Ledbetter

Default RE: 2PL

I use an AM band 2PL on channel 84. Who told you you can't use them for ground? Why would Futaba make them and market them here if you couldn't?

I run all my cars from mine:

Duratrax Delphi
Associated RC10B4
Associated RC10TC3
Losi XXX-4 G+
Losi Kinwald
Tamiya TL-01

Very handy. Regards.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:45 AM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: 2PL

No, I was told that the two AM (27mhz & 75 mhz) were not interchangable. So, I couldn't use the 75mhz for the mini-z's. ?? Well I took a crystal from a 75mhz tx & put it into the 27mhz tx & tried it out....it worked fine,..so I am asuming that the tx will work also. I am thinking maybe they just didn't want me to use those set of channels due to the races outside on the oval. Any other info would be great. I just want to be able to use it for my 1:10 & the mini-z. If they are both AM it should be fine. (This was what I was always told .....the crystals change your channel...AM for AM & FM for FM) Thanks for any additional info.