Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

carb. problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 04:42 PM
racer man05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb. problem

im having a problem with my carb. the part that slide< forgot what its called, is sticking very badly while im running. anyone else having this problem. i have to un-stick it with my hand and it is hard. it is a savage ss by the way. HELP!!!!
Old 07-03-2004, 06:41 PM
z style

Default RE: carb. problem

why don't you try lubing it or taking the slide out and check out if there are any problems inside and on the slide.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:14 PM
racer man05

i tried lubing it. it helped a little. it only sticks when i hit the brakes. i just started brake in today and this is putting me down... anyone ever have this problem. maybe the carb. just wasnt built up right...
Old 07-03-2004, 10:14 PM
RC Monster Man

Sounds like the low end needle is turned in to far to me. try turning it counter clock wise about 1/4 of a turn and try it again. Might need some more, but keep trying that.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:58 PM
z style

ya might be its getting stuck cuz of the lsn
Old 07-03-2004, 11:35 PM
racer man05

hmm ya. ill check. but i wouldnt think it is that but it could be. the thing is that this was its first day running. i broke it in and it didnt start till i started tuning. so maybe it is the needle. but could it alos be that it is just new and needs to work itself into like a "groove" of parts being used to run together and stuff. that was my other thought. thanks for the help and all other help is great. thanls alot guys1!
Old 07-03-2004, 11:41 PM
racer man05

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYES

srry about the spemm but that was it. it was too far in. i read the engine manual and it says it should be only a half turn max from where it is in break-in so i over turned it and it started sticking. its fixed now and i have my stuff rdy. it should all be good for tomorrow!!!