Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hummingbird Elite CP vs. GWS Mini Dragonfly 2004

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hummingbird Elite CP vs. GWS Mini Dragonfly 2004

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 09:55 PM
cub2000
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hummingbird Elite CP vs. GWS Mini Dragonfly 2004

Anyone with experience in both please share your comparisons.
Thanks,
Lucas
Old 07-18-2004, 12:28 PM
Sabot

Default RE: Hummingbird Elite CP vs. GWS Mini Dragonfly 2004

umm Dragonfly and the hummingbird are basicly the same thing
Old 08-06-2004, 08:50 PM
KINGX

Default RE: Hummingbird Elite CP vs. GWS Mini Dragonfly 2004

The Hummingbird comes in two versions: FP (fixed pitch) and CP ( collective pitch). The GWS Dragonfly is only fixed pitch (FP). FP micro helis are easier to maintain because of less moving parts but are also not as capable as collective pitch helis. However, i think that if you go for a CP you should look at the Shogun 400 by Evoflight. No micro heli is a beginner's heli because they are unstable by nature. However once set up, balanced and trimmed properly they are fun to fly (mostly hovering them).

ATTENTION! If you decide to get either the Hummingbird or Dragonfly make sure that you get the 2004 versions! Many hobby shops have stocks of older versions which are not as good as 2004. I would go for the gear drive 2004 GWS Dragonfly because it can take a lot of punishment and spare parts are the cheapest ( and of good quality) around. However be warned that any micro even if it is "Ready To Fly out of the box" will need adjustments. Also if you go for direct drive or CP be warned that the battery is drained faster, expect flight times of 5-6 minutes.