Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Energizer 30-minute battery charger...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Energizer 30-minute battery charger...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 10:02 PM
JohnY2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Energizer 30-minute battery charger...

I wonder what type of batteries do you folks out there are using for your transmitters? I'm using regular alkaline type and I've to replace eight(8) fresh AAs batteries every 2 weeks. I'm thinking of getting the Energizer 30-minute battery charger with four (4) 1850 mAH AA's NiMH rechargble cells. Are the AAs 1850 mAH NiMH cells the right batteries to use for rc transmitter? I don't want to fry my transmitter. Any input/advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:27 PM
camra88

Default RE: Energizer 30-minute battery charger...

Those batteries shouldn't fry your transmitter. They have the same voltage (1.2~1.5v) as normal off-the-shelf alkaline batteries. I use energizer ACCU Rechargable batteries for my transmitters (Heli, Car). Unlike normal alkaline batteries that have a voltage of 1.5, rechargable batteries usually are rated 1.2 volts. So they have less voltage. If your flying alot, rechargables are a good investment. I dont know how the voltage difference affects performance. Maybe someone can shine some light on that. Whats interestig is that rechargable batteries have a self-discharge rate of about 20% a month, where alkalines will last years (notice the use-by dates on alkalines). But that doesnt really matter, because rechargable batteries can be recharged!

JP
Old 07-19-2004, 06:48 AM
lawnhawk

Default RE: Energizer 30-minute battery charger...

It is fine to use those batteries, as camra88 said. And I HIGHLY recomment the NiMH, because you can top them off before and after flying without having to worry about the 'memory' affect.

Also, I tested my 1650's, they powered my transmitter with USABLE voltage for over 4 hours, and still were at about 10.1 volts (out of 9.6) wow!