Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Help with Hummingbird Elite FP spinning

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Help with Hummingbird Elite FP spinning

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 07:14 PM
HoverDown3K
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Hummingbird Elite FP spinning

I just got my HB Elite FP with Lipo, and was playing around with it, maybe I have ran 10 times.

The HB started to spin counter clockwise the faster I would spin the main blades the faster it started to spin so I tried trimming the gyro amd setting gains and radio trim and was not able to stop it from spinning. even with full
left tail rotor.

So I thought the motor was dieing. I knew this was going to happen with 7.4 Lipo's. So I bought the Like90 Dual tail rotor motors, I had them already to install.

So I installed them and I am getting the same problem. I even tried using only one of the new motors and I an still getting the same problem.

Any ideas what I should try? Could the main Blades have too much pitch? this is a FP Elite
Old 07-17-2004, 08:23 PM
rhinocat

Default RE: Help with Hummingbird Elite FP spinning

I get this same problem with my new HB Elite CP and I'm using Ni-MH 8.4V. I don't think it's your Lipo's. Does the LED on your mixer go red before full throttle like mine, I only get to about 50% throttle with a fully charger battery when the LED turns red. Maby this is a common problem with this batch mixers?
Old 07-17-2004, 09:08 PM
HoverDown3K

I am not sure if it is going red, I have to check, But what I find weird is everything was working well, nothing was crashed, I was just using it all day without a problem.

I am going to check the mixing board, is there a way to boost the tail rotor power?
Old 07-17-2004, 10:39 PM
HoverDown3K

Yes , My mixing board is going red at 1/2 throttle and it is a newly charged lipo. I have it happing to both batteries and I know these are good cells.