Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Stinger 1.20 and smoke

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stinger 1.20 and smoke

I am trying to get into gas and am considering the Sig CW Cub or a Stinger 1.20...I want to run a smoke system also...I wanted to know if the Stinger 1.20 with a g38 would be a good combo with a smoke system or would it be to heavy with the smoke...I don t want an all out 3d machine maybe some hovering and tourqe rolls...Thanks for any advice
Old 07-23-2004, 07:09 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stinger 1.20 and smoke

My take on your combo is that it would not be a 3D machine at all! The heavy G38 puts out about 16 pounds of thrust, if that, and your plane would weigh about 16 pounds or more! But, it would still be a good flying plane and capable of putting out smoke with the right equipment, etc.

The G-38 is just not a 3D engine because it is heavy (4.4 pounds) for the amout of thrust that it can produce. You need an engine that can put out about 1.5 times the weight of the Stinger to even begin to think about hovering and TR'ing. Say 13 pounds x 1.5 = 19.5 pounds of static thrust!
Old 07-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stinger 1.20 and smoke

Thanks for the help..Well I guess then I should stick with the CW Cub..dont have the $$ for a 27% extra and a DA-50 yet!!