Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

New G26 engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 12:32 PM
spookie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New G26 engine

Just got a new G26 and read all the info on it. There is a package with a black carb. spacer and a velocity stack. Went back and re read the book, but no info on either. I know the velocity stack has to go on it, but don't understand about the different carb. spacer. It has a red one on the engine. Anyone know why the new spacer and why it has to be changed ? Aslo read where the linkage system has to be modified for RC, am I missing some information from /Horizon ?

Thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 08:04 PM
Hurri

Default RE: New G26 engine

I also recently bought a new G26 . The black block is the usual old style block , which has to have a 90 degree bell crank to convert the direction from servo supply to get the connection for the carb; The orange block is a new idea & is to get a dead in line connection to carb & choke .
a super idea . However I ran into a problem in that the small hole that connects the vacuum from the carb; thru the block into the crankcase was some 3/8" out on the face of engine . Hit a dead end . I phoned to Horizon who , after a bit of hassle sent me another block that was a totally different design , black, It is fine . So at last got it running right , get 6,800 rpm with a zinger 18-8 after 2 hrs running time . Velocity stack helps too !
Old 07-30-2004, 11:00 PM
spookie

Did you have another piece of paper in your engine that said about the carb. spacer ? Also did you have any intructions to remove the weed eater linkage ? read somewhere where they have to come off ( also the spring). It looks like the brass shaft for the weed eater linkage is just peened on. Seems if you grind the peening off, the plate should come right off. I'd rather have the Horizon literature to make sure I do it right. Instruction book doesn't say anything about it.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:58 AM
Hurri

Hi Spookie , There was a good write up in the Model airplan e news a few months back , would help you a lot . Guess you have the Zenoah instruction manual ? Make sure you check the approx 1/8" diam; hole on carb, its in line with the gas intake connection, as there are 2 holes , 1 does nothing . that hole trace thru the orange blockto the hole inthe eng crankcase. Mine was 3/8" out . Re; the spring on the throttle arm , I cut off around the plate with the little holes in left it about 3/8" diam . The spring should be left on , as it takes up the cross play in the butterfly shaft .
What i done in the end was-- put the eng ; on a test stand , put the old style block on the carb setup & get the eng; running like that . after I was happy I put the new style block on . The orange block was no good , the replacement they sent , another black one but new style again , done the trick . Good luck Hurri
Old 07-31-2004, 11:19 AM
spookie

Thanks Hurri,

Don't remember thst issue of MAN, but will go back and check it out. Sounds like you know what you are doing. Maybe if I read the article, I'll understand better. Hate to do anything half assed, Also hate when I don't understand why I am doing something. I thought the G26 was changed to a RC ready engine. Diddn't think it required having to chop up the carb. to make it work on a plane. Have two instruction manuals, but none said anything about this problem. Also have to be carefull I don't bind up the servo with the idle stop screw. I'm PO'd at horizon that the info wasn't in there in the first place.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:03 PM
TRoc

Hi spookie,

I added the velocity stack using the screws in the bag that the velocity stack was in. Didn't have any trouble with the orange block. The picture shows the throttle linkage setup that is working for me. I (carefully) drilled a smaller hole at the appropriate place for the EZ connector (between the bigger holes and slightly further out from the shaft at a place that provides a good angle from idle to full throttle). So far, it has worked ok. I also left the spring on but loosened it up so that it doesn't have much tension.

I really like the engine.

TR
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78697.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	159615