Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

ATTN: Carden Cap Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 03:24 AM
skymat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: Carden Cap Owners

Looking for some guidance on how much a 30% Carden Cap with a 3W70b2 should weigh, dry ready to fly. Is 23 1/2 LBS an acceptable range or would this be a limiting value for this plane? Thanks up front for any guidance....looking at one to buy as described above.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:04 AM
Charles Thomas
My Feedback: (43)

Default Cap 232

Hi,

Not sure about the 30% but the 35% will run around 29-31 lbs with a 3W-100. My 35% is 31lbs so you should OK at your weight for the 30%. I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago about my 35%, after checking on several Caps I found that the stock 35% would run 28-31 depending on engine.

Charles
Old 07-26-2002, 03:49 AM
skymat

Default ATTN: Carden Cap Owners

Thanks Charles, I talked to Carden today and they said that their's came in at about 21 1/2 lbs with the same engine. I was also told that a good way to weigh the plane would be to place a box on a scale with a foam square over the top of the box and then place the plane on that after zeroing the scale out. Also was informed that depending on the glue you use on the wings can determine the weight of the plane too......large area for heavy glue....thanks for your input.