Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Relieved but agitated

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Relieved but agitated

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 03:52 AM
camra88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relieved but agitated

Hey everybody! I just thought I'd tell a little story... (true of course)

Well, I have an Esky Honeybee which I purchased from Rc-Expert.com. For some reason, the gyro/mixer would go out of control and cause my heli to crash when ever i gave it about 75% throttle. So i thought it was a one time thing, so i ordered the replacement parts that broke. I get the parts 2 weeks later, the same thing happens, and i break the flybar [:@] since the gyo/mixer would go nuts for no reason. I contact rc-expert about this, and they were very friendly and set me up with an RMA, and i shipped back my defective gyro/mixer along with the receiver (they told me to do that). Meanwhile, i got to my lhs and buy a 3 ft long rod of carbon-fiber so i can use it to make like 5 million fly bars for the price of one. Well the rod was... just a tiny bit too small. I just rapped a piece of tape around the ends of the new flybar, and they are just as stiff as it was stock. About 2 weeks later (3 weeks total after contacting rc-expert), i get my replacement parts. Well.. I get to the mail box and there is this tiny envelope, feels like theres nothing in it. Already i know this isnt the part that i sent to get replaced. I open it... and its the circuit board for the gyro/mixer! No casing, no wires to plug into the reciever... which btw wasnt with it!!!! I didn't know if i got ripped off or what the heck. But i was so mad... I waited so long.. and this is what i got... Oh i was furious.
I contacted rc-expert with pictures of what they sent me, and what i had sent them, and all the messages me and the guy i was getting help from. They responded immediatly and appologized, and said they will ship out the correct part along with a new battery.

So I'm happy things were sorted out, and that i wasnt ripped off. But i am so aggitated that i have to wait ANOTHER week to fly my beautiful little helicopter. Will they send the right parts to me?

Only time will tell.... only time will tell...

Oh yeah they want me to ship back the wrong part they sent me. Even if this was the correct part (which it is NOT), the pins for the main and tail motor were bent from being squished during transit.

Did i learn anything from all this? Im sure i did, im just too mad to think of what it is right now.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:38 AM
rhinocat

Default RE: Relieved but agitated

I bought the same helicopter as you from this guy, on ebay. It was supposed come with a camera, but when I got it, it wasn't there. So I sent him an e-mail and he said he would take care of it after I sent him pictures of the packing slip. I finely got the camera. Later I filled out the ebay feed back and gave him a negative (-). He sent me an e-mail asking how he fix the bad feed back I gave him. I told him the bad feed back was for not sending me the full package in the first place. Now he has giving me a bad feed back, I didn't know byers could get a bad feed back! He keeps sending me e-mails asking me to retract my bad feed back, I bought this thing in May and just received another e-mail from him today.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:04 AM
Conman
My Feedback: (1)

sounds like a nightmare. thanks for heads up. i'll be sure to avoid this guy
Old 08-22-2004, 05:24 AM
camra88

Well its good to know they take action with these problems... they could of just ignored my emails [:'(] But they didn't, so thats important. I cant say anything else really until i get those parts that i sent in to get repaired/replaced. Its just the time factor... it takes sooooooo long for stuff over there to get to the US.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:57 PM
kakemanx

..To www.rc-expert.com's defence... I have bought alot of stuff there, and no problems at all... 3-5 days delivery to Norway(europe)
Have had a little problem with my mixer, but got it cleared up with som emails to a guy that calls himself "benny"... probably his name is Ding-nang thau thooopppk... or something , but polite and fast service ...

-cookie-
Old 08-22-2004, 07:21 PM
camra88

lol, yeah, benny is the guy i was emailing when i was getting the RMA for my first mixer/gyro.