Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

jabo2 vibrates violently...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

jabo2 vibrates violently...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 05:53 PM
JohnY2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jabo2 vibrates violently...

I just changed a new rotory head (blade holder, #jb1003) on the jabo2 as the old one has wore out. At only half throttle or while in hover, the helicopter shakes violently. When pressing forward straight at 12 o'clock on the right stick, the helicopter has a tendency to pull to 10 o'clock and when pressing backward straight at 6 o'clock, it pulls to 4 o'clock.

Please help...

Thanks,...
Old 08-23-2004, 06:45 PM
jbalat

Default RE: jabo2 vibrates violently...

make sure the head is snapped on properly. You may need to file or sand away the inside of the head so it can be snapped on and removed easily, this will allow it to align itself better. Make sure both of you blades are tracking correctly and they are not too tight.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:16 PM
JohnY2004

I'll sand the inside of the head and the ball joints. As for now it's a bit rigid to move freely causing the helicopter to vibrate badly and the tail is pecking on the ground like swimming breast stroke.

Thanks
Old 08-24-2004, 04:04 AM
jbalat

If the tail is bobbing up and down then you may have an unbalanced tail rotor also...
Old 08-24-2004, 09:51 AM
david.melara

Hello,
does anybly knows why my jabo II will not fly straight up or that's the way it should be, when I speed up it has the tendency of goig forward even do I have tried to trim the forward and back, Also should I unwrap the antenna or leave the way it is.

Thank you in advance if you can reply I really need help I am trying to learn helis.

DME
Old 08-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Shard

You also need to make sure that your rotor blades (main and tail) are balanced properly... in my experience that fixed most of the vibration problems I've had (unless you have a bent shaft which is a whole new ball game).
Helihobby.com offers a great "how to" for blade balancing:
http://www.helihobby.com/html/balancing_blades.html

Hope that helps
Old 08-24-2004, 03:47 PM
J-a-s-o-n

Da*******lara,

I would wrap the antenna around the skids. As far as it going forward, hold it up by the flybar to see if it is balanced.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:45 PM
JohnY2004

After sanding the interior and ball joints of a rotor blade holder, the jabo2 flies back to normal as new again. Thanks for all the advices.

Colco 2 mainblades give a lot of lift and better climb rate than Jabo2 stock mainblades.

I've notticed that, when a swashplate is flat, the helicopter has a tendency to pitch the nose up in forward flight causing the helicopter flying backward towards back to you. So I set a swashplate slightly tilted forward. Does anybody have the same problem?
Old 08-25-2004, 06:40 PM
jbalat

Check your cg by balancing on the flybar.

If you are flying into a breeze (even a very light one) then yeh you will be blown backwards.

I found I had to hold more than half a stick of forward cyclic to stop the chopper pitching up in forward flight. At fast forward flight you almost need full stick. A head stiffener definitely helps with this. Be carefull not to let the stick go or you end up in a stall turn...
Old 09-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Zero262

My Jabo can just about hold pitch forward attitude going forwards, but if i start to close the throttle at all it flares up and starts moving backwards, the only way to get the nose back down is by opening the throttle again. its impossible to get it down without a crash.

Even with the trim set to full forwards, it's still the same, it baffles me!

Would collective pitch solve this prob?