Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Centruy Hummingbird

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Centruy Hummingbird

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centruy Hummingbird

Hey all,

I am looking into getting a Hummingbird, I have read posts on a few forums cant seem to find an answer. If I was to get the Hummingbird which version would I need to get to be able to fit a scale body on later down the road? Could I get the CP or FP or V.3 and still first learn how to fly then put a scaler on it?? Or are there just to big a difference in the frames etc?? Should I just start out with one of the scale combos??

Thanks
Old 08-25-2004, 03:56 PM
marked23

Default RE: Centruy Hummingbird

Are you already a heli pilot? If not, then I would suggest learning without the scale body. I'd start with the V.3. Learn on that. Bust it up real good; tape and glue it. Then when you can fly, buy a whole new undamaged kit with the scale body. Transfer your electronics and enjoy.

That's what I did... But I never got the scale body.

-Mark
Old 08-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Big Zoom
My Feedback: (1)

I recommend learning to fly without the scaled body, then adding it later on once you are proficient. You find some cool people as well as some cool things here more info here:

http://www.rotorworks.net/viewforum.php?f=15
Old 08-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Monsterman--HBF

Hey Marked23 & Big Zoom

Thanks for the advice and that is what I am going to do!! I just wondered if there were any upgrades or other parts I would need once I learned to fly to convert it or if I could use the same frame for all the bodies with just a few mods.
Also thanks for the link "cool site" going to wonder in there later tonight!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Tractors4u

I bought a Hummingbird CP, got a good heli radio for it, and had the local hobby shop set it up for me. I even watch the owner hover my bird. I tried and tried to get the hang of it. Some days it seemed like I was getting close and other days it was like I was on the wrong frequency. I went with the CP because I thought it would save me $ later when I wanted to upgrade to CP. The micro helis are delicate to begin with, the Hum CP has wooden blades that break REALLY easy. I found a good deal on a Lite Machines Corona and bought it. Yesterday I tried it out for the first time. I went through half of a battery before it got dark. Today I went back out and hovered for the first time. It is much more stable for a beginner and much more durable. Today alone I would have went $100 worth of Hummingbird blades if I had been flying the HB. I was to the point of being scared to fly the HB for fear of breaking it.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Monsterman--HBF

Hey thanks for all the information and advice guys!!