Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

im a noob

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 03:01 PM
johny thin
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im a noob

how do you change the gearing on the hpi savage 25 (and how does that effect the truck)(yes im new to r/c)[&o] also what is the deal with transmision toothed plates(or somthing like that) from some of sites ive went on they say the more teeth the faster you go and the less teeth the more torque (Does it really effect the truck?)
Old 09-03-2004, 03:03 PM
johny thin
Banned

Default RE: im a noob

also are there street tires that will fit the savage?????
Old 09-03-2004, 03:54 PM
sarpiparpi

street rims are proline roadrages and u jus g2 think more teeth is better acceleration and lower top speed less teeth is worse acc and better top speed and yeah it will effect ur truck
Old 09-03-2004, 04:32 PM
johny thin
Banned

alright thanx[8D]
Old 09-03-2004, 04:50 PM
johny thin
Banned

alright now that i no that i guess since the savage has two gears there is two spur gears so you could have the 1st gear 35 tooth for good accel and the second one 50 for a good top speed in second gear (like gear ratio on a normal car (cus i understand that)right?)
Old 09-04-2004, 03:07 AM
Ahab

the gears people mess around with (at first) are the clutch bell and the spur gear.

the clutch bell is the smaller metal gear that is attached to the engine, by making this bigger(more teeth) the truck will be geared higher, therefore have worse acceleration but a faster top speed. By making this smaller you have faster acceleration and a lower top speed (the RTR comes with 2 clutch bells a 15t and an 18t. the 18t is for high speed on-road running, as the extra load of the taller gearing is too much for the engine to handle off road)
The spur gear is the big plastic one that meshes with the clutch bell. This can also be changed, but the effects are reversed. The larger the spur, the lower the gearing, the faster the acceleration etc..

I believe the internal gear ratios in the gearbox can also be adjusted but I really cant ever remember anyone saying that they have done so.