Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

tracing paper?????

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

tracing paper?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 09:05 PM
highflyer353535
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tracing paper?????

hi i was just wondering if there is another type of paper that can be used for tracing other than tracing paper? thank
Old 08-01-2002, 09:12 PM
Woodpile

Flyer,

The stuff I use is Reynold's Parchment paper, you know, the paper that bakers use to keep their cookies from sticking to the sheet. You can get it at any supermarket. It costs about $1.95 for a roll 15" x 24'.

It'll even take the temporary glue stick so you can paste it to your blanks and cut out the parts you want...

Hope this helps!

Ed
Old 08-02-2002, 12:59 PM
bmustang
My Feedback: (4)

"See-Temp" is nice to use. It is a frosty translucent plastic you can mark with a pencil, then score with a knife blade and snap out a nice pattern. More durable than paper for templates you need to use more than once.

I've seen the company's ads in R/C Report.

I'm still gonna thank Woodpile for the Parchment paper tip! I'm sure I'll have plenty of uses for that too.

Tom
Old 08-02-2002, 07:52 PM
Mike James

Default Paper

I use gridded vellum, sold in architectural supply places. It's "tracing paper", but it's fiber-reinforced so it won't distort, and can be bought with various size grid markings on it, which will help greatly when you need to keep very long lines straight.

It's made so that the grids won't reproduce in the photocopying process, which leaves you with a clean final drawing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	19802_2519.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	12431