Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Lomcevak

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Lomcevak

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 04:14 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lomcevak

Ok, I have a Cap 232 and Extra 300 I want to Lomcevak. Is the correct way to go straight up with full power and then while still climbing up kick the sticks in the top right corner and hold? Seems to do ok but what other tips on performing this maneuver with these models do you guys use?
Old 12-12-2001, 12:16 PM
wingspan99
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tumbles

I don't know the exact definition of a Lomcevak, but I have been getting the most wicked tumbles out of my Sig Cap231EX lately. I pull to a 45 degree line, roll inverted, then start with outside snap controls and when it comes around inverted after the first snap I cross the rudder over to the other side and get a nice flip flop followed by a cartwheel, sometimes two cartwheels.

If I hold both sticks to the top right as you mentioned, a knife edge spin will result. If during that knife edge spin I reverse the rudder and then reverse the ailerons a flat spin will start. I can go back and forth between the knife edge spin and the flat spin this way.
You have to get your CG back as far as you can stand it, and get your elevator rates up high with 60% expo. My rudder moves 43 degrees each way. The 9202 servo on it is way too small and will be replaced with a 133in/oz servo shortly. This ought to improve all aerobatics considerably.
By the way, this site is way cool and a lot faster than rconline. That site is frustratingly slow.
-Tom
Old 12-16-2001, 07:27 AM
JBH
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lomcevak

Hi RCadmin!

Ok, I have a Cap 232 and Extra 300 I want to Lomcevak. Is the correct way to go straight up with full power and then while still climbing up kick the sticks in the top right corner and hold?

Here's what I got...

"When you enter a Lomcevak, start the maneuver with a left (or right) snap roll; rotate the plane 1-1/2 times with ailerons, elevator and rudder inputs in the inside-snap-roll position, then throw in full down elevator. This radical up/down-elevator input will literally cause the airplane's tail to swing over the top while the nose pitches into a downward tumble. If your airplane is slightly tail heavy with lots of control-surface throw, your Lomcevak should resemble a tumbling, outside corkscrew, which is exactly what we are working toward here."

It's from Frank Noll Jr... so it might be right.

I have a friend who does these on take off.