Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Colorado guys going to Superman??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Colorado guys going to Superman??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Roger Shook
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado guys going to Superman??

Are any of you Colorado guys going to Superman?? I'm looking to either get a ride for my Hotspot and myself, or someone to share driving and costs to take my rig. Plenty of room in mine.
Roger Shook
Old 09-07-2004, 11:56 PM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Colorado guys going to Superman??

Nope. I'd rather be flying!

Have fun!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Roger Shook

Tom,
I got in all the fllying I wanted there last year. Not like the old days when there were so many people you couldn't. Besides with the death of jet flying here in Colorado, if I gotta load up and go somewhere it may as well be where there are some enthusiasts. Have you built the Yellow F-15 yet??
Roger
Old 09-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: jetjock50

Tom,
I got in all the fllying I wanted there last year. Not like the old days when there were so many people you couldn't. Besides with the death of jet flying here in Colorado, if I gotta load up and go somewhere it may as well be where there are some enthusiasts. Have you built the Yellow F-15 yet??
Roger
Hi Roger,
I wouldn't go so far as to say Jet flying in Colorado is dead.... far from it I saw two maiden flights within the last week here in Denver. I flew my MIG at the Warbird fly-in, Jerry Farmer maidened his Rookie earlier this summer actually I've seen more turbine activity this spring and summer in Colorado than in previous years.

Tom, Flying at Superman is wide open... you can get as many flights in as you want. I will admit it does help if you can change to a not used frequency, and of course you don't mind flying with three or four other aircraft.

I'm probably not going to Superman this year..... but it's only because of slim pickens on the money tree.
Regards,
Lee H. DeMary
AMA 36099
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29311.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	171666  
Old 09-10-2004, 07:28 PM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jetjock50

Tom,
Roger
Hey Rog,
F-15's past the 2/3 done mark. I've been working diligently on it the past 5-6 weeks. Hope to have it ready in October.

Not sure what you meant by jet flying being dead in CO, is that because of the Jet Rally switching over to the Warbird rally? Doesn't bother me none cuz I got a Warbird jet. I believe Arvada wants to take over the Jet Rally honors the next few years and are working on something for next year. I intend to fly a bunch again once the F-15's done, then I got a F-16 and F-22 to finish up. I think most of the guys are doing their own thing these days. Sid's almost done with his homebuilt F-15 with RAM 500 and is working on an F-94 mold for his next jet. I've been flying Jets at Limon Airport and Sid Gates will be flying out there, too. It's about 15 more minutes travel time from my place than going to Chatfield. Occasionally I have flown at Burlington's field out East. There are a few that are or soon will be flying at the new Arvada field. Not sure about the Co Springs group but know that Larry Laughlin is enjoying his new KC.

How's the HotSpot doing? Yes, I miss it.

Did you ever get that beautiful Talon flying?
Old 09-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Roger Shook

Looks like Superman is a dead issue for me now as well. It is kinda tough here in the mountains so far from a decent jet field, especially since Jack quit flying in Junction. Guess I will have to load up the jet and have my wife drop me at chatfield and she can go shopping in
the malls nearby. I last flew the Hotspot at Tucson and it is awesome with extra power from the AMT SP upgrade i had done.
The Talon is now, in the hands of Bruce at Century Jets, as their official display "TALON"
He did some quick wheeling and dealing with me to get it after he saw the pictures of it. I am getting another one very soon. Then I will have to go to work on getting myself a AMT280 to put in it.
Roger
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73043.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	172052