Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

WANTED: 4 stroke engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 03:55 PM
shain
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED: 4 stroke engine

Hey does anyone have a used os four stroke .26 or .40 cx engine for sale? I want to modify my tmaxx. I like these engines and really would like to get one from someone who doesn't need it no more to mess with. Please let me know, [email protected]. Thanks, Joe
Old 09-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Technito20

Default RE: WANTED: 4 stroke engine

Sorry I don't have any four stroke engines for sale. But just to let you know an O.S. four stroke will not modify your T-Maxx. Four stroke's piston fires every other round which allows the engine to idle at lower RPMs than a two stroke. Also it will have hardley no torque. You can get a four stroke as high as a O S .60 and will still be slower and weaker than if you chose to use a two stroke O S .21-.26. But if you still want to use a four stroke engine, the sound of it on the ground will definetly sound cool.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:54 PM
oatmealman
Banned

acutally 4 strokes have more torque but less speed,but are more fuel efficent
Old 09-14-2004, 09:05 PM
shain

Yes I know the top end speed may not be as good, but I like taking my truck up hills, in mud, and etc. Frankly if I wanted speed I would have bought myself something for speed. However I need the low end power with the more realistic scale down sound. I know there is alot of pros and cons of a 4 stroke like with any engine, but I believe they are better suited for monster trucks than race cars. I wish they start making or os starts importing the four stroke for cars that they still make available in Japan.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:39 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

True,
the 4 stroke will have more torque wot less RPMs
but with the right gearing, you can still get decent speed with a 4 stroke
You'll need at least the OS 40 to make it happen in a t-maxx

I still want to put my OS 91 in my Dominator
Old 09-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Technito20

From my experience, four stroke engines can rev at really high RPM's. But I can guarantee that if you put a four cycle engine on that T-Maxx it will be slower on the jump. Like I say four stroke engines fire every other round which is why it would have less torque than a two stroke engine. Or in short, is the reason why you only see two stroke engines in races. Theres not a four stroke engine that will beat a two stroke engine on an obstacle track. I mean it's really up to you if you wanna get it or not, but it's not worth paying all that money for a four stroke that won't make you happy.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:31 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Dude,
that's why the displacement is different
And no one is saying that it right for racing.

Of coarse a .21 2 stroke and a .21 4 stroke are not equal in torque or RPMs
but a .21 and a .40 have comprable Horsepower
RPMs, sure differrant all day long, True, But BHP can be close
That where the gears come in

And maybe racing isn't what makes everyone happy, I want one just to play with when we go camping and to the lake, not to race. that would be silly
Old 09-16-2004, 02:17 AM
dalosiman

Each engine has its advantages and disadvantages, It's all about user preferences! I personally love the nitro 4 strokes for rc cars because they have enough tourque to rip the n_ts off a billy goat! I've gotten all my 4strokes off of ebay!
Old 09-16-2004, 02:43 AM
shain

I want a 4 stroke, but I am starting to look into diesel converstions. They seem to provide good power and low noise which is a plus where I live. Maybe someone can comment on diesels pros and cons.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Technito20

I have been into R/C Airplanes and Cars for almost 20 years now. I have had many four and two stroke engines, and know them well enough to know how they will perform. Of course the engine sizes of a four stroke versus a two stroke is different for as scale and rpm range. For instance to get the power and speed of a two stroke .21 Rb-Concept onto a T-Maxx you'll have to get like a .72 Saito to match the speed and Torque of that Rb-Concept .21 two stroke. But of course theres no way a .72 four stroke will fit on a T-Maxx. Maybe a .36 four stroke will fit but then it will under powered. It will be cool and different to use a four stroke just because the sound it makes but performance, no.