Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

mini rc camaras

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

mini rc camaras

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 09:55 PM
fernandorussell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini rc camaras

has any of you guys put one of there mini wireless camaras they sell on ebay on
your helicopter?
if so how well do they work?,how well came the chopper manuver with it?

thanks.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:16 PM
eheheh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mini rc camaras

If the camera uses a <10mW transmitter and a basic 1 inch arial then expect the picture to be un-viewable. I have one and it's only good if the heli is not moving at all. Possibly if I had a better receiver arial the picture would improve but for some reason the 2.4GHz transmission doesn't like moving objects near the Tx arial. Even with the arial mods you read about the image distortion from the blade motion is appaling. There are more expensive units that deliver higher transmission power but the trade off is weight and power consumption which is undesireable on a small heli.

http://www.blackwidowav.com/ have the most professional wireless setup i've seen so far....if you want to spend a bit more. The videos I've seen seem ok for a plane but I'm yet to see a video of the unit working on a heli. The 100mW video Tx may be the sweet spot for small heli's provided you replace the Tx arial with something light weight. Just create a servo connector to tap into the Rx 5-6v power output from a spare channel.

If anyone has got a 10mW wireless cam working on a heli without savage distortion please let me know how. The Tx arial mod didn't make any difference to the picture quality for me.

Oh, and the weight didn't seem to make the heli difficult to fly.