Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Lets get it rolling! G2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Lets get it rolling! G2

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 05:05 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lets get it rolling! G2

Anyone got it? Need to try some online flying sometime!!
Old 12-07-2001, 11:13 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have G2 but still trying to figure out why I'm getting booted off of multiplayer after just a minute or two all the time. I have a small network here and need to hook up directly to the net to see if the firewall/proxy is causing problems somehow. I also have some Apple software on the pc so it can talk to the Apple Computers here and that might be causing it. I'll find it eventually but am too buried revving up RCUniverse to troubleshoot it this week.
Old 12-07-2001, 11:28 PM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kicked off during multiplayer

Hi RCadmin,

I have just recently tried multiplayer with a couple of guys. The first time, everything worked fine, but when the new guy tried to join in he was kicked off everytime he tried to log in. He turned off his firewall and everything worked fine.

Bill
Old 12-08-2001, 01:06 AM
rcuser006
My Feedback: (12)

Default Firewall Software?

What firewall software was he using?

Maybe he needs to setup a route through the firewall to the multiplayer host to allow it to act as a server!

Just a thought.
Old 12-08-2001, 02:44 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Hey Guys I would love to do some multiplayer stuff. I will be away from my G2 computer till early January but after that, just let me know when.
Old 12-08-2001, 03:20 AM
magnum

Missed this forum. Didn't know it was added.

I am sending my G2 disc off to get another one. It's been battle scard pretty good. As soon as it comes back I can try some multiplayer.
Old 12-08-2001, 05:19 AM
bpryor

Default Firewall problems.

Hi maverick,

Thanks for the idea on the firewall. I don't know what type of firewall he's running. The guy's in IT so I'm sure he'll find a solution. He didn't want to fool with it at the time, so the easiest thing to do was to just turn it off. If I find out what firewall he's running, and what the solution is, I'll post it here.

Bill
Old 12-09-2001, 04:42 PM
bpryor

Default Firewall

The guy I was playing with that was having problems was using a Linksys Firewall/Router. Turning it off fixed the problem, but he said he knows there is a way to configure a port to allow game access, he just hasn't read up on how to do it yet. I would think that software firewalls wouldn't give any problems.

Bill
Old 12-09-2001, 04:46 PM
rcuser006
My Feedback: (12)

Default ZoneAlarm!

I use a software firewall called ZoneAlarm. It has ways to configure routes through the firewall and ways to configure applications to run as servers on your local machine.

It is a basic free download for personal use and I think it is much better than using nothing, especially for people with 'always on' internet connections like DSL and cable modem.

You can check it out at:

http://www.zonealarm.com/
Old 12-09-2001, 05:03 PM
bpryor

Default Firewalls

Hi Maverick,

Yes, ZoneAlarm is excellent software, and yes, absolutely anyone with an "always on" connection should use some form of firewall protection. I used to have cable and used BlackICE Defender, which is also excellent, fairly cheap firewall software. I had problems with ZoneAlarm on my machine, but I know many people using it without any problems. If you can afford it, something like the LinkSys router/firewall will provide superior configurable protection.

I have DirecPC satellite now (no cable or DSL available), and it isn't necessary when using their setup as they route all traffic through their system and there's no way for someone to have direct access to your system....which is a real drawback if you want to run a server. Even though I have a fixed IP, I tried to be a server for G2 and the other guys couldn't "see" my machine.

Bill
Old 12-09-2001, 09:38 PM
magnum

I have the Linksys router on my cable modem. And I also run zonealarm.

If you do use the Linksys, you may have to set your machine as the DMZ host for G2 to work. Not sure, I haven't tried it, but some games will need the setting.
Old 12-20-2001, 08:57 PM
Sailor
My Feedback: (1)

You will need to find out what port is being used by your pc to set this up through the firewall. The easy way to do this is to temporarily bypass your firewall by either setting your machine up to be a DMZ host, or by simply plugging your connection from your DSL or Cable modem directly to your pc (you will need to reboot to obtain a proper IP after this).

Once that is done, launch the game in multiplayer mode, in a window if possible, or minimize to windows.

Go to a command propmpt (dos prompt) and type in "netstat -a". This will give you a listing of all of your current listening, open, and established sessions on your pc. You should be able to pick out which one of these G2 is using. It will look something like this:

Local++++++++++++++++++Remote++++++++++++State
dave:1728++++++ bobby.anywhere.net:8315+++++Established

The port you will need is the local one. In this example it is 1728.

Now, reconnect everything as it was before you started and reboot your pc to obtain your LAN (local) IP address (usually a 192.168.0.x.

On your firewall software or gateway/router, you can specify that any request on port 1728 be routed to your local IP (the 192.168.0.x address).

That's it. I have done this for many applications and it works well.

-Dave
Old 12-21-2001, 06:47 PM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Default Not the Gateway Router...

RCadmin,

If you could use the multiplayer for a minute or two, it should not the gateway router. If it was, you would not have made a connection at all. It would have blocked the original connection. Chances are, the issue is elsewhere...

Just a note; When I used my Netgear 314(?) with HalfLife/TFC/Counter Strike, the latency was higher than without it. Therefor, the router was adding a bit of latency for processing time. This should not affect connection stability, just speed.

Later, Jason
Old 12-22-2001, 01:44 AM
Snaggs

Default G2 Host...

There is actually a host up 24/7 and I hope to see some of you guys on it this Christmas season! For the IP enter

rcweb.d2g.com

then tell it to search. Leave the port number blank.

If you don't get in right away, the site goes down for maintenance once in a while, so I guess it's not quite 24/7.

-Snaggs