Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Chip Hyde's Double Vision

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 06:12 PM
zeke-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chip Hyde's Double Vision

I was wondering if anyone out there has been flying the Double Vision and what there experiences have been?

I have been replacing HiTec HS-5945MG-Digital High Speed Servos and control horn bearings with mine plane. The HiTec Digital Servo's on my left side elevator and right side upper aileron are malfunctioned on the ground and they are new servo’s. The servo reacts fast enough but then hesitates a second or so before coming back to neutral trim setting. Whats up with that. I will be going back to Futaba servos.

What control surface setting are people using on low rates?
Old 09-20-2004, 06:55 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chip Hyde's Double Vision

Do you run 6v or 4.8v? I had the exact same problem on a different plane with 5925's. I took the plane to Hitec (they're local) and they diagnosed the problem as "needing to run 6v". I have no idea why, but I could run A-B tests and duplicate/ solve the problem repeatedly.

It's something about a voltage drop.