Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Battery/Charger

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 10:17 AM
waz1111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery/Charger

I am not very educated when it comes to R/C. This is a 3000mAh battery, is it any good though? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXERB5&P=M
Can anyone tell me the cheapest charger on that site that is any good?

For use in a Rustler, when I get one that is.

EDIT: this any good? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXL422&P=7

Thanks
Old 09-21-2004, 07:09 PM
redheat8

Default RE: Battery/Charger

Ya there good I snipped off the ends and put deans on , Chargers are a dime a dozen and most are real good, I like the ones that have peak charge, can be programed, have discharge mode, give read outs , under a 100. bux from Tower or your local hobby shop should have a good selection, RED
Old 09-21-2004, 07:15 PM
cjg

I have 4 of the batteries you are thinking of. They all work very good for bashing and have held up well. They won't have the peak performance for racing you may want, but i think they are GREAT value for the average user.

Try the MRC595 or even the Prophet Plus (from Horizon Hobby). Both are great inexpensive peak chargers. Don't waste your time with a timer charger, you will ruin those NIMH real fast with an overcharge.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:20 PM
redheat8

timmer chargers can toast the batterys in a hurry, Ive used the 3000 for drifting and they held up purdy well, save the Gold Peak 3300mah for the main, RED
Old 09-23-2004, 12:08 PM
CR250R

For batteries you can't go wrong with GP 3300s. There are some companies that offer them matched and assembled for very reasonable prices. [link=http://www.specpointbatteries.com]SPC[/link] is where I got mine. Great batteries, prices and service.