Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Moki 1.80 + Pitts-style Muffler + H9 Rail Mount???

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Moki 1.80 + Pitts-style Muffler + H9 Rail Mount???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 04:36 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moki 1.80 + Pitts-style Muffler + H9 Rail Mount???

It appears I will need an exhuast spacer for my Moki 1.80 so that I can mount my engine and the Pitts-style muffler on the Hanger 9 rail mount. Does anyone know where I can locate the spacer and extra long muffler screws?

BTW, before anyone tells me to get a Moki radial mount, it wont work because of the Hanger 9 1/4-scale Cap 232's firewall -- I have to use the rail mount.
Old 08-06-2002, 04:49 AM
Kris3D
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 1.80 + Pitts-style Muffler + H9 Rail Mount???

I had the same problem with my H9 edge 540 and moki 2.1.
You can just go to your nearest auto parts store and buy some gasket material. I bought a piece that was about 1/32 thick so I had to cut out about six pieces to get 1/8" clearence from the rail mount. (You may need more with the 1.8). Just use your muffler as a template to locate the holes for the muffler screws and the exaust exit hole. You shouldn't need longer screws if you use locktite 242 and have atleast 3/16" of each screw going into the engine. If all else fails. You can ask your hobby dealer to order you an exaust extrension.

Hope this helps, Kris.