Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Engine wont start i need help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 01:11 PM
Monkeh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine wont start i need help please

hi im new to this so feel free to correct me and sling abuse if i ask stupid questions. Ok here is my problem the engine wont start at all i have put fuel in it some oil on the filter and pressed the plunger as the instructions said and it does nothing. It is a smartech car a winner sport model (although all the eletrics apear to work fine) and it has a .15 Leo engine. The car came ready assembled so im assuming it is set up right and i have done nothing to it other than said above.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:17 AM
Monkeh

Default RE: Engine wont start i need help please

sorted it a tip for any1 else whos new and dosent have a clue what they are doing NEVER start one of these inside
Old 09-25-2004, 08:41 AM
nitroracer20

ok what is the plunger, the ez start. make sure its charged also. Ya if im having a hard time starting my car il put some fuel in the carb then open it and start it. Starts first pull that way!
Don
Old 09-25-2004, 09:47 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

The best thing for you would be to go hang out at the local track, ask questions and you'll also notice that the RC community is more than happy to help one another.

Its probbly the fastest and most action-packed way to get instant results and have some fun

Enjoy!
Ram
Old 09-25-2004, 02:44 PM
teamrayman

empty your engine completely(take off the fuel line and take out the glow plug and pull on the starter a few times until the fuel stops coming out). then put back in your glow plug and put the ignitor on straight away. Then put back on the fuel line and pump the fuel through the line until it has just gone into the carb, and try start it.Make sure you do it in that order because it doesent seem to work otherwise. Everytime i have trouble starting my cars, i do that and they start with one pull.