Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

what are some tips on tweaking with your race truck for more performance?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what are some tips on tweaking with your race truck for more performance?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 10:42 PM
trents88r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are some tips on tweaking with your race truck for more performance?

well i have been running rc cars for about 2 years now for just play, but now i have started racing on a local track, and am kind of wanting to know more about adjusting and modifying my truck for better performance and more power, i have a Factory Team RC10T3 with LRP V7.1 speed control, and a Green Machine 3 Pro motor with 18 tooth pinion gear on 87 spur gear what little things can i do to get more performance and power out of it i race novice and all electronics are new so i don't want to buy anything else just little tips, anything would be helpful thanks.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:41 PM
fhm101

Default RE: what are some tips on tweaking with your race truck for more performance?

Keep your motor clean and learn to adjust your slipper. Slipper adjustment is one of the real keys to electric racing.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:56 PM
EdsWords

Default RE: what are some tips on tweaking with your race truck for more performance?

Traction is everything and I agree with FHM, the slipper is the most overlooked item. I still struggle with mine.

Next, find the right tire for the track. Find out what the fastest guys are running and try to get similar tires. You could have a $50 10x2 mod motor and a $70 3300 mah race pack, but they won't do you much good if you have the wrong $17 tires.

For some of the more experience guys here to help you (Sorry, I am not one of them) you need to tell us more abuot your track - Does it have long straights? tight technical sections? large jumps or small? is it smooth? is the dirt hard packed or loose? and more about your suspension (shocks, pistons & springs).