Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

vintage kyosho help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 09:20 PM
yfyf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vintage kyosho help!!

my neighbour has 2 vintage kyosho dune buggie style cars both are the same aprox 20 years or more old, we cant find anyone who can identify them further than a kyosho and any help would abe appreciated in addentifying them thans heres the pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78620.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	178936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75019.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	178937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va73263.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	178938  
Old 10-02-2004, 09:23 PM
yfyf

Default RE: vintage kyosho help!!

sorry last one theres a wiilys one thats the wrong pic just the first 2 and this one here
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78830.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	178939  
Old 10-04-2004, 07:09 PM
yfyf

wow not even a guess yet!
So far the closest thing i've found to it is a baja kyosho but even then there is some differences.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:27 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

wow those are old and in nice condition, i have no clue what they are, but do you know what scale they are (1/0 or 1/8 etc).
Old 10-05-2004, 09:16 PM
yfyf

I'm going to say it's 1/10 because it's the same size as my mt2.
I also found a very similar one on landjump that was called a sport buggy but the role cage is different.And the search goes on.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:14 AM
yfyf

know one knows what they are man these must b really old comon some 1 has to know
Old 10-17-2004, 08:11 AM
yfyf

Well they were finally identified by Jessie at landjump.net they are kyosho racing baja similar to the rowdy baja but slightly different.Now i can't decide if i'm going to keep them or sell them? maybe i'll keep one and sell the other.
thanks
Old 10-18-2004, 07:55 AM
travis28379

They are very nice to be so old and be in good condition. Do they run ?? do you have them going? watch out dont break anything im sure u can't find parts

Travis
Old 10-20-2004, 01:45 PM
hdcchrome

Default ROWDY and RACING Baja

yfyf,

Thanks for asking and yes the one is for sure a RACING BAJA. I had many of these at one point in my collection, but I had to make some hard choices on what to thin out and what to keep collecting.

I still have NEW front tires for it and some other misc parts if you need any. Also, I sold all my buggies and other parts to a buddy of mine. He is interested in selling some parts if you need them.

Drop by my collectors site anytime for help or just to visit. www.landjump.NET

I can also share my buddies email address for parts.

Cya,
Jessie
Old 10-20-2004, 09:54 PM
yfyf

Default RE: ROWDY and RACING Baja

Hi Jessie
Even north of the border i've heard tale of a Texan who had a large collection of vintage kyosho's numbering in the 500's.I've only had these 2 buggies for about 2 months now and everywhere i looked or asked would tell me about your site landjump.net. So i logged on to it and low and behold there was the holy grail of vintage kyosho's. But i must honestly admit the buggies were given to me by a friend for my son to play with(he's 3) but after looking into them i've come to the conclusion that he would probably do better with an electric buggy.
If your friend is intersted in adding 2 more RACING BAJA'S to his collection please e-mail me directly( i believe you should have it) or contact me through this forum and i'll forward it to you or your friend.
Thanks again
Scott
P.S. I suggest that anyone how has not visited landjump.net spend a little time there and you might just get the urge to start collecting
Old 10-25-2004, 02:43 PM
sprintcar

hi gents
i also have an early kyosho ic buggy but do not know what model it is. it has wish bones front and rear instead of trailing arms , alloy chassis rails and the engine is started via a cone on the rear of the car . it is in exel cond the body is also in very good cond and also has the spotlights on it complete with period decals .
pictures to follow any help would be nice as no body seems to remember this one including me.
many thanx
sprintcar mark
Old 10-25-2004, 04:17 PM
hdcchrome

Default RE: ROWDY and RACING Baja

Thanks again for the kind words and plug for the site.

TO ALL: the site is FREE and for all collectors to learn and share their personal colection with others.

I could take your vintage buggies off your hand in trade for two NEW electric buggies. Interested?
Old 06-01-2005, 06:27 AM
snomax1

hello all. i cant beleive it,i finally seen a old kyosho buggy like mine ,they are cool.mine is in almost mint condition and i was wondering what kind it was too? thanks for info . i paid to much for it though. but what is money when u got what u want , the engine is a pdp 21 andi tryed to start but no fire yet ,ive been in rc for all my life and even designed a rc snowmobile that will kick on any thing ive seen with ease, but any way im going to take the engine out and tear down and acatone a few hours,ill get it going , any info on what kind of engine i think picco? made in england though,i dont know ,i will have pics soon so be aware there coming and i just might sell but not cheap its the best ive seen yet ,i think somebody bought and played once or twice ,i hade to put new tires on it they where hard as a rock,enjoy u all buggy lovers .
Old 06-01-2005, 02:28 PM
snomax1

hello, im new to rcu, i like the buggies , let me tell ya, dont sell ,i found somebody that will give what u want for it .2gs mabe .i have one too. mine is 21pdp powered,they are the only few like ours ,let me put it this way dude u scored more than u could even imagine,dont trade &keep both. i have been in the hobbie all my life ,i own rc snowmobiles usa ,well me and my 12 yr old son .oh did i say 2gs ,i mean for one ,that is about the right price ,so please ,ill top any offer to prove it,and ill still make money. i think u get the picture loud and clear.mine was played with 1or2 times,it is the cleanest one available,well since i spent 2 full days with tooth brush and w-d. i took every bolt and nut out and cleaned . theres no flaws no where. i put new tires on,they were hard &no good,[&o]but i had a cool set anyway.ill send pics soon ,see ya buggy buddy.signed bruce.