Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Aerotech Edge vs. Extra 260 ~40%

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Aerotech Edge vs. Extra 260 ~40%

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 12:54 AM
vypr
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerotech Edge vs. Extra 260 ~40%

Hey guys, another airplane question thread...

I mat have found a way to get a professional build airplane for very cheap... poaaible as cheap as getting an ARF or ARC. Currently I'm looking at the aerotech lineup because of excellant reviews on the edge and cheap kit cost.

I am interested in the Edge, as before, however I really am fond of extra 260's... now areotech makes both for the same price at almost the same size. Now which one flys better? Does the extra hold true to form and do awesome IMAC while still making a sweet 3D ship, or does the Edge knock it out? I'd sure love to get the 260 if it is as solid a ship as the edge without the mediocere IMAC penalty usually involved in flying one...

-Ian
Old 10-10-2004, 04:14 PM
fancman
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Aerotech Edge vs. Extra 260 ~40%

Reading all your posts about the Edge or the 260, I'm sitting here wondering why you don't just go out and fly. Neither airplane is going to make you a great pilot. Your flying skills are what really count. You can ask the same question all year long but the answer you seek is irrelevant if you don't spend the time to improve your skills on the sticks.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:59 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

And his flying skills are good...i've seen them. What's up man? Look at the tucson aerobatic shootout and se what everyone's competing with Extras man extras! I have the DP Edge 540T 40% but it's like the extra and is very true in every aspect! All 3D is very easy and the snaps are awesome. Balanced a little noseheavy and the rudder is still very very effective!

The JTEC at $1500.00 is awesome and is a monster! I've seen it fly and I loved it! My DP Edge 540T is awesome too and it's the same price. You can't go wrong with any 40%er they are all very easy to fly(like a trainer) and 3D liek our foamies!

Dan
Old 10-10-2004, 10:55 PM
vypr

Ahh, I know that I sound like a broken record asking about this airplane and that airplane; this engine and that engine... I just like to hear from users when I can.

I have done the buying in the dark thing before, just getting something that I didnt know about and some have come out well, other haven't. After my previous bad experiences I decided to just get as much information as I can before I get anything. Unfortunaely because I always seem to know about stuff arround the sizr of what I fly currently I never know about anything at all when I jump up the next level, hence my floundering arround to this and that.

I also have to be careful as I can not afford to replace this airframe for some time to come... it will serve as the mainstay aircraft for both chixwithtrix and I for at least a couple of years, so it has to suit both our flying styles and be versitile enough to last.... you start to see why we are picky

To the guy who reccomended me to just get out there and fly, you coudn't be more right. I fly the wings off my 50cc edge every weekend and more on holidays so I think that I have the flight time element covered. I dont need to get some random 40%er without thinking about type or brand just so that I have something to fly.

I may end this string of posts soon though. A friend of chixwithtrix's has recently aquired a von 260 40% that we will be trying if possible to see if we like the way a 260 flys. If we do, our questions are ended and its time to go about buying somthing.

-Ian
Old 10-10-2004, 11:15 PM
cary c.

why would you incur a penalty for the extra 260?

Cary
Old 10-11-2004, 12:20 AM
vypr

Incur a penalty for the 260? Actually we haven't given it a negative yet. Niether of us have ever flown, or even seen an extra 260 fly... wait, thats not true, I have seen one, but it was only hovering so I couldn't tell much. We have stick time on extra 300's and 330's but they are such radically different aircraft from their two place brethren that I would want to fly one before deciding. Hence, our possible trip to Austin if we can get a hold of the guy and talk him into letting us fly his plane once or twice.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:17 PM
DaveMiller

Hello,

I have a second Extra 300 mid wing and I lover my first and my second on now. Great plane.

Thanks

Dave