Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Blue Angels, Patty Wagstaff, AND RC, TOO MUCH FUN !!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Blue Angels, Patty Wagstaff, AND RC, TOO MUCH FUN !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 01:20 AM
islandflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Angels, Patty Wagstaff, AND RC, TOO MUCH FUN !!!!!

Living in Hawaii is GREAT, but the kind of aeronautical treat we are having this week-end is rare here: it has been 9 years since the Blue Angels last came, and I had never seen Patty Wagstaff live. I also saw the YAK do a full scale harrier!
Our RC club was invited to do a little flying before and after the big show, and this has been a lot of fun, to be continued tomorrow.
My camera is not good enough to zoom in on the planes in the air, but I have a few ground pictures:
1- A rare sight in Hawaii
2- My friend Peter's F-18 being "tended to" by a couple of Blue Angels officers
3- My trusted 33% CAP 232. (My new 42% Extra 260 got here too late to test fly and break-in in time).
4- The sun sets on a great day.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61506.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	181252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82225.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	181253   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94303.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	181254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17701.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	181255  
Old 10-10-2004, 07:47 AM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Blue Angels, Patty Wagstaff, AND RC, TOO MUCH FUN !!!!!

What a treat!
Old 10-10-2004, 10:13 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. Did you get any photos of Patty?

JOe
Old 10-10-2004, 10:36 AM
psk560
My Feedback: (12)

When I lived on "Barbers' Point" as a kid I can remember the blue angels flying over my house doing a practice run for a show. That was back in the 80's. They were so close I have a picture somewhere where the pilot was waving at me as I stood on the roof. I think that one event as a child turned me onto aviation more than anything.

Craig
Old 10-10-2004, 09:25 PM
NeoGenesis
My Feedback: (27)

Patty sure is a special person. I had the privledge to meet her at the Dayton 100th Anniversary of Flight Airshow. Chech out the pic I got with her. I know it's a bit dim.....but the my camera wasn't cooperating that day.

Neo

Name:	Bz77111.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	181486  
Old 10-10-2004, 10:44 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that first pic of the Blue Angels lined up with those mountains in the background is too cool. You're a lucky guy.

I saw Patty Wagstaff at the EAA Air Adventure in Oshkosh,WI last summer. She's a good looking gal and man can she fly. Can't even imagine dating a woman so cool.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:59 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice pics Islandlfyer, im jealous, you guys have year rounf flying!

Really neat they allow you guys to fly at the airshow, thats something I have always wanted to do!

matt
Old 10-11-2004, 02:11 AM
islandflyer

Today was even better than yesterday (and yesterday was hard to beat!)
I guess that these performers are like most entertainers: the bigger the crowd, the better the show. It seems like the whole show today had just that little extra edge.
The RC turn out was great too, today. The credit goes to Peter Davidson (vice president of the club -please visit paradisercflyers.com-) for putting this thing together: being allowed to fly next to the Blue Angels and Patty Wagstaff at this big a show, on a US NAVY base is not a small accomplishment!
Having a performer's pass, I was fortunate to have rather wide access to a lot of places on the base, so I caught up with Patty in her hangar; she was gracious enough to talk a little, even though the show had started, and she was getting ready for her flight. In fact, she took the time for me to get the picture below taken.
The few of us who flew right after the full scale show received applause that few RC'ers ever get any where, let alone in a place like Hawaii that has no big-time RC pilot or contest!
Once in a while, the ordinary RC pilot has a "moment" that becomes a good memory; this week-end was filled with many of those moments for me, and has made me a very happy pilot.
1-2 Unloading this morning, good Paradise RC flyers turn out: 12 jets, 6 giant scale warbirds, 3 giant scale aerobats/3D, 1 helicopter.
3- The 2 Blue Angel officers from yesterday passed the word, so more came by today.
4- Patty Wagstaff graciously took the time for this picture right before her flight.

Name:	Pn37871.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	181554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29259.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	181555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43781.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	181556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14153.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	181557  
Old 10-11-2004, 09:46 AM
HvyDrvr
My Feedback: (1)

That is really great! It must have something to do with living remotely, as here is Anchorage we have had the same opportunity. The "Arctic Thunder" air show ever summer here at Eielson AFB invites our club to fly before the show and during intermission. Even though it is an AFB, the "Blues" are usually the main performers, along with Greg Poe in his full scale Extra 540 and several other full scale competitors. Also Patty Wagstaff lived here for a number of years and learned to fly here in Anchorage.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Mike James

The Blue Angels are always something special to see. It never gets old.

HvyDrvr,

I justs moved here (Charlotte, NC) from Anchorage, and am still an ARCS member. I've been living in Anchorage for 10 years, and hope to move back when I can... I miss it already. I was at "Arctic Thunder" last yeas, and all the years I lived there. Nice!

I do now love Patty Wagstaff, have always loved her, and will always love her. She ROCKS !