Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

UCanDo 46 Balance Point

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

UCanDo 46 Balance Point

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 04:54 AM
CrashBurn69
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UCanDo 46 Balance Point

Where does this plane balance? I picked one up at the field this weekend with an OS 46 fx and all the servos already installed, and it only had 20 minutes of flight time on the plane and engine. I need to put my battery and reciever in it. I just need to know where to look to balance it. Thanks
Old 10-11-2004, 05:00 AM
LuckyArmpit

Default RE: UCanDo 46 Balance Point

I believe its about 4 3/4 inch from the LE. I have one but it has a K&B .65 in it. I haven't even checked the CG yet.
I think you can also go 1/2 to 1 inch in front of the 4 3/4 and the same aft of it. Have you seen it fly with the .46 OS in it?
Sorta anxious because I have a .46 laying around doing nothing and I might use the .65 K&B into something else.

Dave...
Old 10-11-2004, 06:16 AM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

the recommended cg is about 4 3/4" but if you're looking to do some 3D stuff with it you might wanna have it at 5 3/4" or 6" .......with that engine i doubt you'll be able to hover and safely pull out if you're close to the ground but you should have fun with it with the .46.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:47 PM
CrashBurn69

I seen one at our field with a LA model hover. But it could not sustain it very long, and could not fly out of it. He had to let it drop out. The FX should hover it good, with an APC 12.25x3.75 prop, but it will not rocket out of it. I am figuring it will be a slow pull out. But only with testing will I know for sure. But the one I like, a guy at our field put a 91 FX on one. Talk about a rocket coming out of a hover. and he never goes about 1/3 throttle, even when taking off in about 5 feet.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:37 PM
K.O.
My Feedback: (16)

I just flew mine for the 1st time Sunday. I have a Saito 100 for power with a 15/6 prop. Needless to say I have enough power and it flies beautifully. The C/G is 5". With only 2 flights I haven't tried hoovering and I have only about 1/2 controls dialed in till I get real comfortable with it. Landings are like the Harrier.
Let me know how yours flies.
k.o.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:58 PM
CrashBurn69

This plane will make the worst pilots look good. The person that had it first, did not have the engine tunned right, but I almost have that fixed. I only had time for two flights this evening. I need to get it balanced better from side to side, but I am at 5 inches with a sub c battery pack under the tank. With 3/4 aileron rates, and 2/3 rudder I was doing the nicest snap rolls I have ever done with any plane. And it lands like it has an auto pilot. I dont even land the sim that well. It is the text book of just get it six inches off the ground and just let it run out of speed while increasing the elevator. I have never landed a plane so smooth in my life. I love this thing. Once I get the engine running perfect and propped right, I will really start to ring it out. With a bad running OS 46 FX it will fly great on 1/4 throttle with the prop that was on it. I am going to switch it to a 12.25x3.75 when I get it tunned in. I cant wait to get in some 15mph winds. That should make it a different beast all together, with it being not much more than a kite with an engine and control surfaces.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:52 PM
K.O.
My Feedback: (16)

Hi CrashBurn69
I agree this plane will make most any pilot look good. I got a couple more flights last night and its a riot to fly. Its hard to do anything wrong. My landings in some of my other planes are a little suspect but this thing literally floats to a soft landing. On my next flight I'll have the controls set for more travel and program in some mixes. All my flight have been in 10 to 15 MPh winds and I can just about hold it still into the wind. Many maneuvers don't always come out as predicted, but the way it jumps arouind in the sky no one will know the difference. After seeing my U Can Do fly I think some of my fellow club members may also join in on the fun.
k.o.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:58 PM
CrashBurn69

Our club has serveral that keeps that plane on hand. They are a hoot. I will be flying this type for a long time, even if I have to buy a few to do it. But for what little I have seen of it, it really fits my flying style well. Except at hitting the Wall at 60mph. I had a Space Walker II before I got this one, what a change. I don't have to stay on top of it all the time. Very relaxing to fly, I can go as slow as I want, and not worry about tip stalling. My last flight I let it ride a couple of feet off of the ground just to see how far it would slow down before it just dropped, well I think I walk faster than the planes stall speed at very low altitude.