Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GP j3 cub ARF engine size

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP j3 cub ARF engine size

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 03:34 AM
barkin_bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP j3 cub ARF engine size

To you guys or gals that have the Great Planes j3 cub arf 81" I got one coming soon, just thinkin about the engine size They call for a 70 4 stroke as the top of the requirements, I just happen to have a YS 91 yz that needs a new home. Will the YS be on the overkill side?? I am planning on putting on floats next spring . Give me your thoughts I can take it
Old 10-20-2004, 07:16 AM
ronwc
My Feedback: (404)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: GP j3 cub ARF engine size

I have a OS 91 Surpass on mine and it worked out fine - if your flying with floats it doesn't hurt to have a little extra power -
Old 10-20-2004, 11:12 AM
josefmd
My Feedback: (24)

I have a O.S. Surpass 52 in mine, and it flys great ! It's at the bottom end of the suggested requirement from GP. It flys more scale with the smaller motor, and you still have plenty of power on tap.

Matt
Old 10-20-2004, 01:31 PM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

Flying mine with a Saito .60twin, which is equivalant to about a .46 two cycle I guess and it flies just great, nice and slow and scale-like. I am assembling another with a Saito .90twin for floats and should be more than enough power. I think your YZ 91 is going to be more than a Cub needs, but just manage the throttle and you'll be fine. Just remember, that's a big wing when you go into those high g turns!!

Russ