Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Servo shakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Wilko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo shakes

My front servo, for no reason what so ever, has decided it likes to dance to its own beat instead of doing what i tell it. I switch the electrics on (RX and TX) and go to turn left or right and...the jerking begins. Its so annoying i cant use my buggy till i get it sorted. The second servo for the throttle and brake works fine.

Please help me solve this electrical problem as its actually nice weather atm, for england!
Old 01-08-2005, 04:34 PM
hi-on-nitro

Default RE: Servo shakes

What tx/rx are you using?

I have this same problem and it is ver4y annoying. When i am running my buggy it works for about 20 secs and then the jerking begins. nothing happens when i turn just the rx on, but when i turn on the tx is when all the jerking begins. It sometimes works just fine though but bvery rarely.

I am currently using the sanwa blazer sport am 27 mhz radio and sanwa reciever.

I have just ordered the airtronics mx3 fm 75mhz tx and rx. I will keep you posted as to if this fixes the jerkiness.

Could just be a bad tx or rx.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

this happend on my electronics, the steering was dancing while the throttle was fine, you have a cracked crystal, you need to get a new one formthe reciever
Old 01-08-2005, 11:43 PM
spokman
My Feedback: (2)

Try switching your servos in your reciever. This should tell you if it's a servo problem. I don't see how it could be the crystal. The other servo works fine.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Nitro Rustler Racer

spokeman, i didnt think it was the crystal either on my truck, but it was just one servo was working ba
Old 01-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Nitro Guru 74

well if its your steering servo and its the stock one your rc came with there is a pretty good chance that the servo is shot. Try switching your steering and throttle leads around in the rx, this will help you be more certain that it is in the servo. I would reccomend upgradeing to a heavy duty metal gear servo if your running it in a buggy.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:18 PM
ba_savage

I am going through the same problem right now. After 3 hours at the LHC and changing the RX and TX we narrowed it down to the crystals. I went ahead and ordered a different complete set. We will see in about 3 days (when they come in) if it works.

Symptoms we are seeing.

This began by not being able to control steering and throttle at same time. You could either control one or the other but not both.
Now as soon as we turn on the TX the servos go nuts. I mean NUTS.

Good Luck