Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The new LEGO RC off-roader

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 05:15 PM
wesdcv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new LEGO RC off-roader

I just bought two of the new LEGO DIRT CRUSHER RC cars, one for me and one for my daughter (a real tomboy ) and they are fantastic.
The car is a new building system from LEGO made of locking pins an flexible joints making the car very robust. The "click" suspension system in front and back makes i possible to lower the car when driving on smooth surfaces and simply by pressing the suspension raise the car for off-road driving, the suspension will actually do this by it self when driving from smooth to rugged terrain.It is capable of driving through mud and puddles with out breaking. It has two powerful motors one for each rear wheel providing more than enough speed to make donuts, spins, wheelies and racing through rugged terrain. The set comes with all you need to race: one 7.2/1400 MAh NiMH battery, one electronic charger, one 9 volt cell to the controller, and of cause the controller with 3 channels making it possible for three people to race at once (did i mention the car). The car can be rebuild, on the spot, in a number of new designs including one with rear wheel steering. It has three point steering with a servo mounted in the front section (the car is divided in three major components, front: steering/ suspension, middle: battery compartment/electronics, back: motors/rear suspension). The three point steering actually works really well and gives good control. They also invented (i haven't seen it before) something they call "Tip-Tronic Speed Shift", it is two buttons placed at the index-fingers and by pressing the right button once the car shifts in to second gear, pressing it again makes it go to third. Pressing the left makes the car down shift. This feature gives the unexperienced a good chance at getting the principle of RC car driving right at a calmer pace. Battery life was a pleasant surprise, we drove for approximately 20 minutes, it may be longer but i was really caught up in it and forgot to check the precise time, but 20 min. is a conservative estimate.
The whole deal i only $139.99 which i think i a bargain considering all the rebuilding features, the speed and the cool new building design and all the other great features that i forgot to mention.

See the car here.
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=8369&cn=163&d=9&t=4
and here
http://www.lego.com/eng/racers/products.asp?id=8369

PS. please forgive any misspellings, English is not my native tongue.

Edit: spelling
Old 10-22-2004, 05:29 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: The new LEGO RC off-roader

I was actaully tempted to get one jus to see what I could do to it with electric equipment
Old 10-22-2004, 05:54 PM
ICrashThings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol legos...god i use to spend hours playing, building and destroying legos.

But saddly my fun stopped in 01 when my mom upgraded my software to XP so i couldnt run the lego movie maker anymore.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

dude is that stuff durable? like i mean can you really jump it without braking it?
Old 10-22-2004, 09:20 PM
B.T.D.T.

LEGO's, I'm a AFOL (Adult fan of lego). I got the older ver of the remote car. It has a two speed manual transmission (switch on the bottom of the car - Hi & Low).
Last year, I was teaching my son (5) and daughter (7) to drive this in the house. Before this car they had the Tyco Can Heat cars. This year I let them drive my RC cars. They did very good in the parking lot. I got my daughter now 8.5 to drive my FT NTC3 at the track. If she alone she does fine. Not at high speeds. When other driver are at the track she is a little afraid. All in all is good fun.

BTW, when they crashed my lego's car it's all rebuildable. L.O.L.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:51 AM
wesdcv

Yes it is durable, the plastic is flexible and bends instead of breaking.
We had some hard head-on collisions and high speed roll-overs and nothing happened not even any loose parts. I jumped of a playhouse roof on to a dirt surface a few times with no problems, some times the car actually came down right side up, sometimes not, but that didn't break anything either. I managed to get i stuck under a parked car, so i had to take the wheels of the RC (very easy, just remove a locking ring and pull the wheel of) to get it out. The only sign of the collision was dirt and grease on top of the RC and it came of with a little petrol on a cloth. So no problemo.

Edit:
-Oh almost i forgot, if you have two cars you can build them together and get an eight wheeler offroader, i'll have to try that one of these days.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:57 AM
CapUSA

I had the old lego RC. It was really fun. I used the chasis without legos most of the time. I think its the one BTDT has. They (lego) should try to upgrade the transmitter.