Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Beginner's Equipment

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 05:20 PM
blackdog1117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner's Equipment

Hey. I'm just starting out and I'm wondering what I need to buy just to get started. I've been told to get Locktite, after-runoil, and airfilter oil. What else will i need or are any of these items not necessary? Thanx.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:40 PM
aliens8mycow

Default RE: Beginner's Equipment

It sounds like you have a nitro vehicle from the items that you mentioned. Lock-tite is a must for any screws that thread into metal. You will only need it if you take something apart or rebuild it.

You'll also need some good oil for your bearings. There are many hobby grade brands available, but 3-in-1 works good, and so does Remington Gun Oil. You can get either one at Walmart.

You'll also need a way to keep your vehicle clean. On the chassis, rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol work well. I use Q-tips to get into tight areas.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:40 PM
wakbrdr

I use WD-40 instead of after-run oil and I use 30w oil for the air filter. Get a temp gauge, There only about $20 and well worth it.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:51 PM
joeman11
My Feedback: (6)

for some areas that thread into metal or plastic, that may be stripped a little bit, i use plumbers tape, when i use it for metal, its easier to take out and you don't need to wait for the thread lock to dry.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:59 PM
blackdog1117

thanx guys