Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Columbo Anderson 34% Extra

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Columbo Anderson 34% Extra

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 03:42 PM
ckoerner
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Columbo Anderson 34% Extra

Does any one know the wing loading of a CA 34% Extra?
Thanks,
Craig
Old 11-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Columbo Anderson 34% Extra

I don't do calculations....
but, expect the plane to weigh around 26-27 lbs with a DA-100 and in-cowl mufflers.
That makes it fairly light for it's wing area. Lighter than a Carden or Aeroworks, but not as light as a Troy Built Extra or Genovese DR-109.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:39 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CA suggests the model weighs in at 20-26lbs... The wing area is approximately 1800 square inches.

The wing loading is calculated by dividing the wing area by the model in questions all up weight less fuel.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Ryans Rebel
My Feedback: (12)

CA SUGGESTS that the model should weigh 20-26 lbs. 20 lbs is not possible in my opinion. I have a 34% w/ DA-100 & in-cowl mufflers that weight 27 lbs. Wing area is 1750 sq in by my calculations. It may be lighter than a Carden but I think the wing loading will be about the same since the Carden wing area is over 2000 sq in.

Ryan
Old 11-11-2004, 08:47 AM
ckoerner
My Feedback: (2)

I'm trying to decide between the Carden and CA. The Carden is $300.00 more. That would buy a few of the servos. The CA looks like it would go together a lot quicker then the Carden. Decisions, decsions!
Old 11-11-2004, 10:14 AM
ROMANBM

I like CA MODELS
Old 11-11-2004, 12:48 PM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

The Carden is better kit, it takes a lot longer to build, but will reward you with a plane that will last years. You better be experienced though, it definitely takes patience and time. The CA will be flying much faster - in fact, its a simple kit to build. The wings are already sheeted and the fuse "falls together" - I hardly needed to look at the instructions (good thing too as they suck!). The CA is a much lighter and probably won't hold up nearly as well as the Carden over time.

I have built both. If you are an experienced flyer and only going to have one large plane - go for the Carden. If you want to get in the air fast, and step up later - get the CA.

$300 is not much in GS - certainly don't let that little amount sway you one way or another.

The Carden and CA both are excellent planes, they both fly very well.
You cannot really compare the finished product however, its like apples and oranges.. when you see the naked airframes (i.e. completely assembled ready to cover) you will know what I am talking about!

I currently fly a 31% CA Extra - very nice and super light (<20 pounds on a 3W-75) ..

DP