Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

tips with a funstar 3D .46

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

tips with a funstar 3D .46

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:55 PM
crashnburn69
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tips with a funstar 3D .46

Dose any have tips on the Phoenix funstar 3D .46. I was wondering if any 1 has some tips for building and flying this plane.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:57 AM
Vortec

Default RE: tips with a funstar 3D .46

It builds heavy,so use small servos and a 50 2s or 63 4s would be a better option but mine hovered with a 46fx,just not alot of pull out.
Do a search,as there is lots of info on this plane in here.

Its fun to fly it backwards in the wind.. :-)
Old 11-11-2004, 10:32 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Funstar is easy to build and there are no real problems etc. Only thing is the darn throttle cable, it is not properly designed, if you do not use balsa blocks as guides the cable tangle with the wing. Use balsa blocks to guide it and if you can use CABLE and not wire. Also try to check on your side thrust, mine has insufficient RIGHT thrust so do not put too much thread lock on the screws till you get that right.

If you want to run a 4C engine you cannot use the supplied mount, its too short and will not clear a 4C engine carb. I was told that a Dave Brown mount fits perfectly, go check it out. I think the plane will be great with a 70 sized 4C turning a 13x6.

The plane is very light and easy to fly. However be warned that the plane bleeds speed pretty fast, floaty but slows down pretty fast. Knife edge sucks on this plane. Again, its a 3D plane! I fly with a lot of throw and its really fun. I can't 3D so I muck around with it.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:23 AM
crashnburn69
My Feedback: (6)

thanks