Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

T-rex with Align electronics

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

T-rex with Align electronics

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 01:20 PM
minnzoo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-rex with Align electronics

Has anyone flown a T-rex with all Align electronics wike Fung or HeliHobby sells? I would like to know how they do.

Thanks,

David
Old 11-11-2004, 03:43 PM
caseyjholmes

Default RE: T-rex with Align electronics

i saw the stuff yesterday at the helihobby store, looks ok to me. the only reson i opted for the bigger package was because of the futaba gyro, even then i upgraded to the gy401.... and i've used e flite brushless motors before too with great results. at first i almost went for the align stuff too. i think it should work just fine,, the helihhoby sight says it's "all tested together to work flawlessly"..
Old 11-13-2004, 10:26 AM
bluesilver30

i think im going to get aligns electronics also...mostly because i cant afford the good stuff all at once right now. i plan on upgrading as i feel the need too, but im mosting going to use this heli for sport flying anywho. the only thing im worried about is the battery. i recomend picking up a thunder power 11.1v 2100 lipo.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:28 PM
caseyjholmes

just picked one up today... $75 bucks! it's charging, well see what happens in an hour i also set up my phoenix 25 esc to cut off at 3v per cell (9v) so as not to distroy my batteries. i killed the 1320 that came with the combo the second day. Program you're ESC's!
Old 01-09-2005, 10:36 AM
rotoraddict

Our local hobby shop flies their T-rex with stock align electronics without a problem, but my buddy just finished assembling his, and it will lift off and hover for about ten seconds then it loses power and lands itself. You can repeat this time after time until the battery is dead. We tried the battery from my T-rex in his heli but it does the same thing. He put on the wooden blades after flying with the ABS blades and now it hovers for about a minute and then does the same thing. I'm very mechanically inclined but this one has me stumped. He checked the main shaft bearings and they are fine, the belt is setup just like mine, fairly loose without touching the other side of the belt. He's flying with the align motor that comes with the heli, I think it's an align 400L with an eleven tooth pinion and the align 25A ESC, and a 11.1V Li-ion battery. I think the motor might be bad but I don't want to tear out my motor to put in his heli to find out, mine is flying great! I have a TT 50 V2 and a Shogun 400 and have been flying about a year and a half, so I have some decent heli experience. Anyone have an idea? Thanks...
Old 01-09-2005, 12:42 PM
takota

I purchased the cheaper "Lightening Brushless Combo" from Helihobby in early November last year. It came with Align 400S brushless motor and Align ESC and Align servos. The batter included was Apache 1200 which is equivalent or identical to E-Tech 3C 1200mah lipo. This system hovered just like you described "hover for about ten seconds". I changed the battery with Jet Power 2200 then it started really fly, no just hover. I was not happy with the climbing rate of 400S so eventually I replaced the motor with Himax HA2025 4200. The gyro included was "zoom" super micro heading hold gyro. The documentation was very poor. It seemed to have a remote gain control but was not fully described how to use. I experimented many different settings but couldn't find a satisfactory operation. So I dumped it and got Futaba GY401. Servos are working fine except I had initial problem. The kit included 3 torque servos and one speed servo. I supposed the speed servo was for the tail but that was the only servo which mechanically fit in the aileron servo mount on the collective control seesaw arm. The misplaced torque servo at the tail produced bad tail oscillation. Eventually I opened one of the torque servo and ripped off the rubber bushing at the cabe outlet. This made it barely possible to squeeze the torque servo through the narrow opening on the collective control arm. Also I was not confident of GWS receiver so Hitec Electron 6 double conversion receiver replaced it. Here is the list of replacement.

1. Align 400S -> Himax HA2025 4200
2. zoom gyro -> Futaba GY401
3. Apache 1200 mah lipo -> Jet Power 2200 mah lipo
4. GWS R6N -> Hitec Electron 6

Now I am thinking of replacing the Align ESC (RCE-BL20A) by CC Phoenix 25 because BL20A does not strictly protect lipo battery from over discharg. You can only select one of three ambiguous percentage values for battery protection which is not described clearly how it works.

I wish I had purchased a bare bone kit.