Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Pilatus Porter

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Pilatus Porter

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 03:01 AM
Ed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilatus Porter

I've just started building this ARF, which is imported from Czechoslovakia by RC Plane Power. This is the one that was reviewed in the September issue of MODEL AVIATION, on page 112. I have always been interested in this unusual aircrafts STOL capabilities, and it's war effort in Nam, and this 95" big bird is gonna let me play with flaps. I'll give you some running commentary as I progress, and them post some final Pics.

I have already mounted a new BGX up front, and cut away the gel-coated cowl for a really neat fit. I've angled the BGX down 45* from horizontal, allowing the stock muffler to exit the bottom. I do believe that some of the counterinsurgency Porters operating in Nam at night had extra big silencers on the bottom.

I have had nothing but the finest support from RC Plane Power, and it looks like it's going to be an easy build. Hope to have it finished in a few weeks, stay tuned.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Tailman
My Feedback: (3)

Default How do you do that?

Hi Jim,

I just looked but did not see it. how do I insert a picture in my profile. On the side where the user name comes up in a post.

TIA
Anthony
Old 08-19-2002, 03:21 PM
COL J

Default Pilatus Porter

Sounds like this is high quality kit. Also looks like a good candidate for floats. Wonder if Seacommander would make a float kit for it? Keep us posted.
John
Old 08-19-2002, 06:29 PM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Default avatar

RCPlanePower :

the little picture is called an "Avatar" you will have to go to my rcu in the menu and then choose "edit options". if you scroll down all the way to the bottom you will find where it says "Avatar" from there you can click for more info, and it will explain everything you need. If you would like a signature or some slogan above your pic, you have to choose "edit profile". You will see all kind of different options there.

that Pilatus Porter by the way is awsome.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:16 AM
Tailman
My Feedback: (3)

Default JU-87

I always loved that plane. When I was in germany I went to a air mus. they had one there. It was not very nice example. But unbelievable. I tried the Avastar thing. Could not size the photo properly. I thank you for the help!!!