Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

what is the name of this heli?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

what is the name of this heli?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 05:46 AM
ath512

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the name of this heli?

Hi all

I found this helicopter but i dont know what it is:
[link=http://www.rc-expert.com/plane/h-feda-eskyrc.htm]http://www.rc-expert.com/plane/h-feda-eskyrc.htm[/link]

Any one know what it is? any experience or opinion about it?
is it good for beginners?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2004, 06:13 AM
RCelectrichelinut

Default RE: what is the name of this heli?

That is the first copter I bought. It is basically a hummingbird clone.You will need a main shaft collar after a while because they hold the shaft in place with rubber tubing which doesnt last long. I would also get a head stiffener for the main blades.The radio seems decent but the e-sky servos in it would not respond at times for me. I replaced them with hitec hs-55's and everything is fine now.I didn't see a price but mine was 199$ with the crash kit and sim.

A hummingbird elite series is a much better setup but that one would be fine to learn on and less expensive than an elite. It is also a very tough copter. Although my elite flies a litlle better the feda dragonfly takes abuse much better if you crash alot.You can replace your struts with coat hangers when they break

EDIT: I just looked closely at the pics and it looks like they already changed the servos I got with mine. Maybe they figured out the esky servos were no good. They also moved the receiver which I also had to do and they use a different receiver. It appears they fixed quite a few things since I bought mine. I didn't get mine from RCexpert either.I also got only one battery and one canopy.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Ozydego

It looks to me like a mini dragonfly as well, and I agree with RCelectrichelinut. Looks like a good FP to learn with. Depending on batteries and such, the tail motor on it tends to fry fairly quickly, helihooby sells the high authority motor which would be a good replacement when the first eventually fails.. Happy flying....
Old 11-28-2004, 11:22 AM
ath512

Thank you guys for replying.

the price is $190 for the heli+airwolf hummingbird body without wheels+training kit
+crash kit + 2 liion batteries + $35 shipping. total=225

i have another question, is there a micro heli that do 3d and can be used with the airwolf hummingbird body?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Helwings

This model is a Feda your can read on the part list.

Do no expect to do 3D with this one.