Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

About to buy!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 09:06 AM
wed68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to buy!

Guys I need help! I am about to buy my first electric helo and need advice badly. It will be a present for my 11 year old son, we are not new to r/c, we race stadium trucks and mini t's at our local track.

I have been looking at the jabo 2, the esky honeybee, and the dragonfly v2. also the dragon fly 22 with no tail motor.

I need to know what yall think and where should I buy from?

Thanks for the quick post!!!

Bill
Old 11-28-2004, 10:20 AM
Poll

Default RE: About to buy!

I'm new also, but www.hobbyjapan2000.com has awesome prices! Check them out, I heard they are reliable (can't vouch on that, just ordered yesterday, getting a honey bee 2 6ch for x-mas =) ), but they are very helpful (I asked them a few questions). Hell, they have the Dragon 4ch direct drive for $109, comes with everything you need, except AA batts. They also have a pretty neat tank that shoots little foam balls.....

Just noticed - they have the dragonfly w/out a tail motor for $135.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Velocity-8
My Feedback: (15)

I got the eSky Honyee Bee from HabbyJapan and it arrived in 4 days. I took it to my LHS for them to test it and everyone who flew it said it was very good for a fixed pitch heli. However, if I could do it again I would get the new CP version.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:21 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend against getting a CP version to start out. They are much more fragile. The are more expensive to repair when they do crash, and the are more difficult to get set up properly.

Go with a FP heli.

I do like Hummingbirds and Piccolos. I have flown a Honeybee and it also flew well.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:26 PM
FlyingFish
My Feedback: (17)

A Corona 120 Electric Helicopter (Fixed Pitch) Is a good starter helicopter See it Here to Review it http://www.litemachines.com/main.swf I have 2 of these helicopters and their very durable and cheap to fix.....! Be sure to check out the Video section of the Corona Page I've posted.......
Old 11-29-2004, 04:53 PM
tnd2000

You should just buy which ever one you like most. Whether it's color, style or whatever your fancy. If you read the forums, you will eventually find someone had some kind of bad experience with all the heli listed. Even if you buy the $109 dragonfly from HBJ2000 (which I believe has a tail motor, the one w/o tail motor is 135 I think) and replace the electronics with the good stuffs used in zoom 400, you'd end up almost paying for a zoom 400. So if you took away the electronics, all the Asian clones are pretty much the same cost. The higher cost models usually have better electronics (but not much).