Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Anyone has made a cargo drop bay?

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Anyone has made a cargo drop bay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 02:09 PM
JCaste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone has made a cargo drop bay?

A friend of mine has had a little crash with his Aeronca, and we were thinking about making a system to throw candys, flour, etc. from the plane, in a similar way to bombers: two small doors moved by a single servo, and once airborne, you hit the switch and they get open, droping the cargo just above them (this cargo bay would be quite close to the CG, on ething less to worry about). I though of two ways; using a rigid transmission or maybe using a spring to keep the closed and relieve some stress from the servo.
Have you ever tried something like that? Any advice?

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Deadeye

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anyone has made a cargo drop bay?

Minnflyer has a graphic floating around that answers your question. Try a forum search, there have been a few threads about this in the past.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Underaged Pilot
My Feedback: (1)

actually ive been toying around on how to do this 1 door is needed and i thought a couple of hooks could drop bomb but just put a floor on it and it might work
Old 11-30-2004, 06:49 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.btemodels.com/sfk_candydrop.html
I hope this helps , looks good to me , you may have to adjust size to fit your needs.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:18 PM
JCaste

It's a .40 plane, so a few standar hinges should do the trick. After all, you can carry too much load. Tha link sure gives nice ideas! The Aeronca is quite wide, and we don't have any particular reason to build a separate candy box, so I'll just have to put a plastic cover or something to prevent cargo to move to the tail or the cockpit area. I guess with such small size, this shouldn't be too much hassle after all. Well, I'll try to put some pics when I get my hands on the thing!